Taking Part in Research
How IRBs Protect Human Research Participants
General Information for Research Participants
- Are you thinking about being in a research study?
- Research Participant FAQs?
- Student Participation in Research
Learn More About Research Participation
Considering a Clinical Trial?
- Introduction to Clinical Trials (NIH)
- FDA Clinical Trials Information for Consumers
- Centerwatch Clinical Trials Listing Service
- Clinical Trials and You (NIH)
- Power Clinical Trials
Still have questions?
For a map and contact information, visit our Contact Us page
One way the IRBs ensure that participants in research are protected is by including Community Members on the IRB. Community Members are generally not affiliated with the institution conducting the research and provide input on the research during the protocol review. Learn more about Community Members here.