ETSU Scholarship Program
The Partners in Progress Educational Foundation is responsible for this scholarship opportunity. It is not managed by ETSU.
To be eligible for the Partners in Progress (PIP) ETSU scholarship, an individual must:
- Be a resident of Sevier County.
- Be a graduate of a high school in Sevier County as well as a graduate from Walters
State Community College or have completed the 60 hours to be recognized by ETSU as
a college junior.
- Must be eligible for the Tennessee Lottery Hope scholarship to maintain eligibility
- A student must meet the minimum GPA requirement for the Degree Program they wish
- Since some programs are now all online programs and provided the student stays in
Sevier County and is enrolled in one of these programs, the student will still be eligible
for a PIP scholarship. Students living on and/or enrolled at the Johnson City
campus will not be eligible for scholarships under this program.
General scholarship provisions:
- Students must first apply for all other scholarship and financial aid programs available at ETSU.
- In the event that the student receives any other financial aid, this scholarship will
balance of the account up to $3,000/semester ($6,000/year maximum) after the federal
Pell Grant and all other scholarships have been applied. The PIP ETSU Scholarship is
available to a student in Sevier County for four semesters at the ETSU Sevierville
campus after completion of required course work at WSCC. A student has the option to
use the PIP scholarship within 6 semesters following completion of coursework at
- Awarding of the PIP scholarship will be determined by the program of study the student
- Students that decline a Tennessee Lottery Scholarship or any other grant or scholarship available at ETSU will be ineligible for the Partners in Progress ETSU Scholarship.
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress as outlined by ETSU.
- Based on their program of study, a student may take less than 12 hours. The PIP
scholarship will be prorated based on the number of hours they are taking. Should a
student elect to use the PIP scholarship on a pro-rated basis, the semester will be
considered one of the 4 semesters of eligibility.
- If a student meets the above requirement, they may be able to renew the PIP ETSU
scholarship for a second year of study. In order to be considered for renewal, the
student must submit a scholarship renewal application for the following academic year
before the required deadline of May 15.
- Based on HOPE guidelines, HOPE allows for one “regain” opportunity. If a student
successful in regaining HOPE eligibility, PIP will do the same on a case-specific basis.
Students interested in applying for the PIP ETSU scholarship program must submit:
- A completed application for admissions to ETSU.
- A completed PIP ETSU scholarship application to ETSU by July 15 for Fall semester and December 15 for Spring semester. The application must be submitted to ETSU, Sevierville.
- The completed application may be mailed to:
2025 Redbank Rd
Sevierville, TN 37876
- A completed application for federal student financial aid (FAFSA) – February 1! The
U.S. Department of Education processes web applications more quickly than paper
applications. Web application is recommended. (Students will be awarded the PIP
ETSU scholarship on a first come, first serve basis per the submission date of the
NOTE: An individual desiring to participate in the PIP ETSU Scholarship Program must meet these deadlines in order to be considered for PIP scholarship funding.
An “Exit” Interview will be required for all ETSU PIP Scholarships students prior to their last semester. The student will be asked to complete and sign an Exit Document. This meeting is required before the last semester scholarship is awarded.
*ALL AWARDS ARE CONTINGENT ON AVAILABLE FUNDING
Returning students in good standing with ETSU will receive first priority on scholarship dollars.
For additional information, please contact Sevierville@etsu.edu
Programs of study available:
- B.B.A. in Business Management
- B.B.A. in Marketing Management
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education (licensure and non-licensure)
- B.S. in K-5 Education (licensure)
- B.S. in Special Education (licensure)
- B.S. in Human Services
- B.S.W. Social Work
- RN-BSN Nursing
- Accelerated BSN Nursing
- LPN-BSN Nursing
- B.S. in Radiography
- B.S. in Psychology
- Bachelor of Applied Science