The Bursar's office offers answers to many commonly asked questions.
When will my financial aid apply to my student account?
The earliest date financial aid is credited to a student account is 10 days before the first official day of classes for the term. Financial aid is credited each day after. It really depends upon when you completed the financial aid process.
When can I get a balance of aid check?
If your aid has credited to your student account the earliest refund via direct deposit may be 8 days before classes begin. If you choose not to enroll in direct deposit, checks will be mailed to your mailing address beginning 1/8/09.
How do I set up my account for direct deposit?
Follow these steps:
- Enter secure area with your E number and PIN
- Student tab (top of page)
- Student account
- Account detail/confirm attendance/payments and refunds
- Select term – fall 2008 (NOT –COM OR –COP)
- Yes, I will attend during fall (If you have not yet confirmed, otherwise click: View Payments and Refunds and it will re-direct you to a secure site)
- Create refund profile
- Payment profile, electronic check (for checking account)
- Enter nickname for refund profile (ex. my refund acct, SunTrust, primary checking, etc.), routing number, account number, etc., check the box to use for refunds, and enter the last four digits of your E number. This completes your refund profile and allows ETSU to direct deposit your financial aid refund.
When are my fees due?
Generally the last business day before classes begin, the specific date can be found
How do I confirm my attendance?
Confirm your Attendance through GoldLink online
- Go to https://goldlink.etsu.edu/
- Click on ‘Enter Secure Area’
- Enter your new student ID number or ‘E’ number and PIN (PIN is your pre-expired birth date, mmddyy, unless you have changed
- At Main Menu, click on Student
- At Student Menu, click on Student Account
- At Student Account menu, click on Account Detail/Confirm Attendance/Payment and Refunds
- Select Term (only select COM or COP if you are a Quillen College of Medicine student or a Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy student)
- Click, ‘Yes, I will attend’, you will receive a confirmation number to print and retain, if your financial aid covers all charges on your account
- If you do not have financial aid to cover all your fall charges you will be re-directed to the payment suite to make payment, or enroll in payment plan.