The School of Graduate Studies at ETSU serves over 2,000 students and offers over 20 different graduate degrees with over 50 majors or concentrations resulting in more than 90 different program choices.
All programs are approved by the state of Tennessee and all that are eligible for accreditation by accrediting agencies or boards are fully accredited.
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Information Page
Tuition and Fees
How will I know when I've been accepted?
- An official admissions letter will come in the mail.
What are the admissions standards for Graduate School?
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Degrees from non-accredited institutions will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- A completed application form.
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses, except for previous course work at ETSU. Applications will not be considered without all transcripts
- A personal essay of 150-300 words, detailing your interests in a graduate program at ETSU.
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 ($45 for international students).
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale **(some programs require a higher GPA). ** Individual programs may have additional requirements. Please see the graduate catalog for a list of requirements for individual programs.
What are the deadlines for applications?
How do I apply for financial aid?
- The ETSU Financial Aid web site is a good place to start.
- First, you will need to submit a free application for federal student aid (FAFSA). You can complete your FAFSA online.
How do I contact Financial Aid?
- Cohort students should contact financial aid using a special e-mail contact: email@example.com
What is Goldlink?
- Goldlink is your entryway to ETSU's online services.
Who can use Goldlink?
- Current or prospective students, employees, or alumni.
Where do I find the Graduate School catalog?
- You can read the graduate catalog online, download a copy, or print the document.
Graduate Student Information Page
- Already a graduate student... please see the new Graduate Student Information page
How do I receive information about Graduate School?
Do I have to attend orientation?
- Cohort students do not have to attend orientation on campus (though your admissions letter will ask you to attend). We bring an abbreviated orientation to the location where your cohort will meet.
How do I register for classes?
- You can register for your classes online through ETSU's Goldlink system. The first time you log into this system, you will need to enter your social security number as your student ID and your six-digit birth date as your pass code.
Where do I find information about tuition and fees?