The Family Council is a community of dedicated family members of current ETSU students who are actively engaged in their students' college experience. The Council serves as an advisory group working in close collaboration with New Student & Family Programs to help foster a positive connection to the university. Council members commit to volunteering time, sharing knowledge, and expertise to support the mission and goals of New Students & Family Programs.
Purpose of Family Council
- Serve as an advisory board to the Office of New Student and Family Programs.
- Advise the Office of New Student and Family Programs as to important issues facing ETSU families.
- Serve as advocates to promote the value of ETSU to current and prospective students and their families, local communities, etc.
- Help develop ways to support students and families, discuss events and serve as the voice of all ETSU families.
- Assist with family programs and events.
Family Council Expectations
- Serve one year December 1 - November 30 (with the option to continue each year while your student is enrolled as an undergraduate).
- Meet once each semester via zoom (dates will be determined based on the availability of members).
- Meet during family weekend (if attending).
- Assist with new student orientations, family weekend, and other campus or community events (as needed and if available).
Family Council Member Criteria and Selection Process
- Student must be a current undergraduate student for the year you are applying to serve as a member
- Applications will open in October.
- Members will be selected in November.
Meet the 2022-2023 Family Council Members
More information coming soon!