TLC Timeline Expectations
Upon receipt of your request, your basic information will be assigned to a Consultant within approximately a week.
Your Consultant should reach out to you shortly after receiving your information to schedule your pre-meeting, within approximately a week.
The full TLC process is likely to take a total of 6-8 weeks; your Consultant is a teaching faculty member, too!
If you teach online, please be prepared to offer your Consultant access to your course as Co-Instructor in D2L. Providing this access quickly will speed up the TLC process.
- Be provided only by fully trained individuals
- Include, whenever possible, a pre- and post-meeting
- Focus on a limited area(s) of need, as identified by the instructor
- Be requested specifically by the instructor, not a supervisor
- Address pedagogical practices
- Include a document (SCOOP) with targeted recommendations likely to yield the most benefit as well as notations of the instructors’ existing positive practices
- Be provided in a tone of support and encouragement
TLCs Will Not...
- Be provided if requested by a Chair, Dean, or other administrator for an instructor
- Be used as a tenure/promotion primary course review (although it can be used as evidence of progress or efforts in teaching in a T/P portfolio)
- Review content for appropriateness
- Be exhaustive
- Be provided in a tone of critique
- Provide an overall course “score” or evaluative ranking
- Use College/Departmental course review templates