ETSU Day of Giving 2020
Day of Giving is an annual, 24-hour online fundraising event for East Tennessee State University. Alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents, friends, and partners unite to help students pursue knowledge and improve quality of life. Last year, the ETSU family came together to make 796 gifts totaling over $220K.
Please join us on April 22 for Day of Giving 2020 to surpass last year's totals!
Make a gift to ETSU any time at www.etsu.edu/givebut on Day of Giving, that site will transform into an interactive portal where you can post support videos, check leaderboards, and share with your networks.
Check back often as we'll periodically add information and events!
What is ETSU Day of Giving (DoG)? A way to leverage modern means of communication (e-mail, web, social, video, etc.) to identify and engagepeople for an unprecedented day of support. When is ETSU Day of Giving? It beginsat 9 a.m. on April 22, 2020 and goes until April 23, at 9 a.m. Who can participate? Anyone! We mean to include (and celebrate) the entire ETSU community. What counts toward ETSU Day of Giving? Any gift made during DoG will count toward our goal whether it's online, by phone, by mail, or in person. In addition, donors responding to specific Day of Giving appeals sent by mail or e-mail will count toward our totals. How can you help? First and foremost, make your gift to ETSU! You can also help by becoming an advocate for ETSU and by spreading the word among your networks.Finally, consider making a matching or challenge gift. These types of gifts supercharge your efforts and help mobilize people! Why give to Day of Giving? Day of Giving activities help engage the whole ETSU family (alumni, faculty, staff, students, partners, and friends).
All gifts also count toward the Campaign for ETSU.
Added visibility and excitement helps people discover, and connect with, areas of ETSU that speak to their interests.
DoG helps ETSU reach new audiences when advocates and donors share with their networks.
Matching and/or Challenge gifts:
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Leverage personal giving to increase overall donors/dollars.
- Attract 23% more donors and increase total dollar contributions by 18% (Johnson Grossnickle and Associates, 2019).
How do I make a gift? The easiest way to make a gift is online at www.etsu.edu/give. You can also mail your gift to ETSU Foundation, PO Box 70721, Johnson City, TN 37614; call 423-439-6141; or bring your gift to Yoakley Hall, third floor. Will my name and donation amount be visible on the online platform (GiveCampus)? Your name will appear in the list on the "Donors" tab. No amounts are listed unless you offer a match. You can also choose to remain anonymous. How to make a "Personal Plea" Video
- Introduce yourself & say how you're connected to ETSU.
- Make it personal and enthusiastic. Explain why you're
- passionate and why the viewer should be too.
- Make an ask! Ask the viewer to contribute and to share with
- their networks.
- Keep videos to 1 minute or less.
- Shoot at eye-level or slightly above.
- Natural lighting is best.
- Choose a quiet location.
How to upload your Personal Plea Video
- Log in to your GiveCampus account from the device that contains your video.
- Go to the "Advocates" Tab.
- Click on "Create Your Personal Plea"
- Follow the instructions.
Will my donation to the Athletics Excellence Fund count toward Athletics Priority Points? Yes! Athletics Priority Points allow ETSU to equitably distribute parking, post-season ticket allocations, away game ticket priority, and seat selection order when reseating season tickets in our facilities. How many Athletics Priority Points do I receive for my gift(s)?
- 1 point per $100 –gifts made to The Excellence Fund.
- 1 point per $100 – gifts made to a specific ETSU Athletics team.
- 2 points per $100 –gifts made to the Embrace Excellence Capital Fund.
- 15 points – one-time award for alumni status.
- As a thank you to the fans who make gifts on the Day of Giving, the Athletics Department will award 1 (one) additional priority point to their overall point ranking.
Will my donation count toward President's Circle and Distinguished President's Trust (DPT)? Yes! All gifts to the ETSU Foundation (even those made to Athletics) count toward these recognition levels. President’s Circle recognizes donors who give $500 or more in a given year. DPT recognizes longstanding donors who have given $10,000 or more during their lifetimes. Is my gift tax deductible? Yes! The ETSU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your gift can qualify for complete tax deductibility. Please consult your tax advisor with specific questions. After making your gift, you'll receive an e-mail receipt and tax acknowledgment. You can request copies of donation receipts by e-mailing email@example.com. I am ETSU faculty and/or staff. Can I make a gift from Payroll Deduction? Yes! ETSU Faculty and Staff can visit www.etsu.edu/payrolldeductionand log-in to prepare the form needed. Your gift will be included in the Day of Giving totals (we count the first year of your recurring donations toward this mini-campaign). What if I still have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org call 423-439-4242.
Learn About Flat Bucky
Visit the Flat Bucky page.