The Primary mission of the Department of Mathematics Honors-in-Discipline program is to recognize and foster student academic excellence at East Tennessee State University by:
- Recruiting academically talented and highly motivated students
- Nurturing the intellectual growth of students by providing challenging curricula
- Encouraging life-long learning and leadership
- Instilling the desire to advance knowledge
- Promoting continue studies in graduate school
- Offering mathematics faculty the opportunity for innovative and unique teaching experiences
A special Computer Lab (Yoakley Hall, Room 213) and Study Room (Yoakley Hall, Room 210) are now available exclusively to Honors-in-Discipline students! Information and rules for use of these facilities can be found on the Honors-in-Discipline rooms website.
A brochure advertising the Math Honors-in-Discipline program is available as a PDF here. You can also pick up a copy of this brochure in Gilbreath Hall on the bulletin board outside of the 308 office complex.
Admission, Retention & Graduation Requirements
For more information:
Dr. Rick Norwood
Mathematics Honors-in-Discipline Program
Department of Mathematics
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN 37614