The Statistical Consulting Lab is dedicated to offering free consulting on research and survey design, data collecting and administration, statistical analysis, and assessment to ETSU faculty, staff, and students. In addition, the Statistical Consulting Lab aims to give introductory training with commonly used data analysis tools and software.
- Workshops: The SCL provides appropriate introductory trainings with common data analysis software
like SAS, R, SPSS, Excel, Minitab, and Python, and also on the statistical methodalogies
if needed. Throughout the academic year and during the summer semester, lab consultants
offer seminars on a variety of research and software-related topics. Any ETSU faculty,
student, or staff member is welcome to attend the workshops.
- Consulting services:
- Conducting surveys and studies
- Identifying data collection techniques
- Choosing data storage and management strategies
- Finding and carrying out statistical analyses
- Availability: We may be reached via email, phone or in person at Gilbreath Hall Room 307A to schedule an appointment. It's best to come to us as soon as you start your research project; we'd be happy to assist you with your research question and work with you all the way through! Clients typically expect 2-4 weeks of contact with consultants for assistance with research projects, depending on the scope of the project. Clients could further complete the SCL form, describing their data situation and the type of information they would want consultants to offer.
- What should a client Bring?
- Research questions
- Description of variables
- Conceptual Description
- Data file
- Contact Us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 423-439-6960 or 423-439-6980
- Director: Mostafa Zahed, PH.D.
- Address: 312 (or 308 M) Gilbreath Hall / PO Box 70663, Johnson City, TN 37614