Student National Medical Association
SNMA: Diversifying the face of medicine since 1964
The Student National Medical Association (SNMA) is committed to supporting current and future underrepresented minority medical students, addressing the needs of underserved communities, and increasing the number of clinically excellent, culturally competent and socially conscious physicians.
Events, Programs & Missions
- Promote awareness among the student body of health disparities and injustices within medicine
- Medical outreach program with grade school kids at the multicultural center (Langston Center)
- Supporting pipeline and mentorship programs for underrepresented minorities
- Promoting the recruitment of underrepresented minorities onto the Quillen Faculty
- Celebrating national heritage months
- Application workshops with underrepresented minority students
- Mission for mental health
Community Service Opportunities
Both the Langston Centre and Carver Recreation Center hold after-school programs for students, and the members of SNMA have been working with coordinators from both programs to have some med students volunteer to hold educational (but fun!!) sessions for their students! Each day, our members have a lesson to go over with the students and have some fun activities for them to do as well! For those who choose to participate, SNMA's Community service liaison will follow up with you to make sure you have everything you need to be prepared to go over the specific topic. Feel free to email SNMA leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to get involved!
Upcoming Volunteer Dates (all volunteer opportunities begin at 4:30pm and end at 5:30pm):
Carver Recreation Center
Current Leadership (Please feel free to reach out and connect with any of us)