REDCap'sis a program that is "a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data (including 21 CFR Part 11, FISMA, and HIPAA-compliant environments), it is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations. The REDCap Consortium, a vast support network of collaborators, is composed of thousands of active institutional partners in over one hundred countries who utilize and support REDCap in various ways."
Accessing the CIIDI REDCap Server
CIIDI provides a dedicated, HIPAA-compliant REDCap server for Center members' data collection and survey needs. ETSU hosts two additional REDCap servers for individuals who are not CIIDI Members. If you are an on-campus Center member and would like to obtain access to the CIIDI REDCap server, complete a request by completing a REDCap Account Request (Portal) usingthe following steps:
- Click here and enter your ETSU login information, or go to the the ITS Forms page.
- If you enter through the Forms page, select Access Request to ETSU Systems Forms
- Select "REDCap (CIIDI)" on the dropdown menu and submit. The request will automatically route to your ETSU supervisor for electronic approval.
- If you have a non-ETSU individual who is assisting you with your research, you are considered the sponsor of the non-ETSU individual. You will select "Access for non-ETSU individual." Fill in your assistant's name and personal email address. After submission, this request will also electronically route to the requestor's ETSU supervisor for approval.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an off-campus Center member or affiliate, the REDCap Account Request MUST beaccessed by an individual with current ETSU credentials. Typically, this will be the study PI or the CIIDI REDCap Administrator.
Remember, if you are adding non-ETSU assistants they must still be listed on your IRB protocol. If you do not have an IRB approval number, you will be asked to submit proof of IRB acceptance of a Form 129. This is the IRB form to ask the IRB if your proposed project needs IRB approval.
Please contact Joy Michael Bohannon about CIIDI REDCap access or if you have any questions.
- If you are an ETSU faculty, staff, or student, your REDCap username and password will ALWAYS be the same as your ETSU username and password. They are automatically synced.
- If you are an off-campus user, you will be provided with a password and username. Please do NOT attempt to change either on the REDCap sign-in page. If you need assistance with a password for the CIIDI REDCap server, contact Joy Michael Bohannon.
- Remember that your REDCap server access is not active until you complete the instructions in the welcome email which you will receive after you are added to the server.
- If you are an off-campus member or member's associate, ETSU domain access is limited to up to a year at a time. Domain access may be renewed. Contact Joy Michael Bohannon if you think your domain access has expired.
- Passwords expire. If you are an ETSU individual, reset your password here. If you are NOT an ETSU individual and your password has expired, contact Joy Michael Bohannon.