REDCap's website describes that program as "a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data (including 21 CFR Part 11, FISMA, and HIPAA-compliant environments), it is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations. The REDCap Consortium, a vast support network of collaborators, is composed of thousands of active institutional partners in over one hundred countries who utilize and support REDCap in various ways."
Accessing the CIIDI REDCap Server
CIIDI provides a dedicated, HIPAA-compliant REDCap server for Center members' data collection and survey needs. ETSU hosts two additional REDCap servers for individuals who are not CIIDI Members. If you are an on-campus Center member and would like to obtain access to the CIIDI REDCap server, complete a Computer Account Request and Access Form using the following steps:
Step 1: Click the Computer Account Request and Access Form link. Enter your ETSU credentials to access the dynamic form.
Step 2: Complete Section 1 with your information. If you are completing this form for an associate who will be helping you but who is NOT an ETSU employee or student, select yes for "Are you requesting a new account and/or a change to an existing account."
Step 2a: If selecting yes, a dropdown menu will appear in Section 2. Select "New ETSU domain and email guest account."
Step 2b: Enter the name of your off-campus associate. Enter the start date (can be today's date). Enter the end date (can be up to a year from the start date).
Step 3: Under Section 1, select yes for "Are you requesting access to ETSU resource(s)." A check box stating "Access to REDCap server(s)" will appear under Section 3.
Step 3a: Check the REDCap Access box and several options will appear immediately below. Check "redcap.etsu.edu (CIIDI)."
Step 3b: If you are requesting access for an off-campus associate, ALSO check "Access is for non-ETSU user."
Step 3c: Provide the email address of your associate.
Step 4: If you would like to add a comment, check the box beside "I have a request not covered..." in Section 4. A text box will appear.
Step 6: Click Next
Step 7: The form will automatically be routed to the department head, REDCap Administrator, and ITS.
Step 8: After you are added to the CIIDI REDCap server, you will receive an automated email to your campus email address or the email address that you provided. You MUST follow the directions in the email in order to complete your REDCap enrollment.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an off-campus Center member or affiliate, the CARAF MUST be accessed out by an individual with current ETSU credentials. Please contact Joy Michael Bohannon about CIIDI REDCap access or if you have any questions.
- If you are an ETSU faculty, staff, or student, your REDCap username and password will ALWAYS be the same as your ETSU username and password. They are automatically synced.
- If you are an off-campus user, you will be provided with a password and username. Please do NOT attempt to change either on the REDCap sign-in page. If you need assistance with a password for the CIIDI REDCap server, contact Joy Michael Bohannon.
- Remember that your REDCap server access is not active until you complete the instructions in the welcome email which you will receive after you are added to the server.
- If you are an off-campus member or member's associate, ETSU domain access is limited to up to a year at a time. Domain access may be renewed. Contact Joy Michael Bohannon if you think your domain access has expired.
- Passwords expire. If you are an ETSU individual, reset your password here. If you are NOT an ETSU individual and your password has expired, contact Joy Michael Bohannon.