L to R: Alison Cronin, DO; Alyssa Erskine, MD; Brad Wood, MD
WELCOME TO ETSU DEPARTMENT OF OB/GYN
Our hope is to provide an opportunity for patients, as well as health care professionals, to learn about our department. Whether you are a patient, a prospective medical student, or referring healthcare provider, we hope that this site will give you a window into understanding our mission and goal for the ETSU/QCOM Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
In addition to our vibrant community, the department offers a dynamic faculty aided by dedicated, personable residents. Surrounded by the natural beauty of the upper East Tennessee mountains, the delivery of the medical care to Tri-Cities residents is both rewarding and satisfying.
The mission of ETSU and the QCOM Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is to improve the healthcare and well-being of the women in Northeast Tennessee and Southern Appalachia. Key to accomplishing this mission is the education of future physicians. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program continues to promote the mission by:
- Training physicians who apply the art of empathetic and efficient care to women of all ages.
- Providing comprehensive primary obstetric and gynecologic care to women of all segments of our region.
- Conducting research and scholarly activity helpful to the evidence-based knowledge which leads to complete primary healthcare.
Our goal of enhanced community healthcare is advanced by:
- Active clinical services across the breadth of obstetrics and gynecoclogy
- State-of-the-art simulation facility
- Clinical research opportunities
- Protected lecture time for faculty, residents, and medical students