Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Surrounded by the natural beauty of upper East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, and Western North Carolina and nestled in a vibrant community, the faculty, residents, staff, and clinical personnel of our department find the delivery of up-to-date health care both rewarding and fulfilling. Whether you are a referring healthcare provider, a prospective resident or a medical student, we invite you to explore the resources throughout our web pages to learn about our department and our dedicated work.
Welcome — we're glad you are here!
Hanns Haesslein, MD, MPH
Our Goal and Mission:
The goal of our QCOM Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is to improve the well-being and physical health of all women of Northeast Tennessee and the surrounding Southern Appalachia area. Key to achieving our goal is our stated mission of educating the next generation of physicians and healthcare providers — medical students and residents.
To accomplish our mission, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and its Residency Program is dedicated to:
- Training future OB/GYN physicians in the art of administering empathetic and efficient
medical care to all women in the region, regardless of age.
- Providing primary as well as advanced fellowship-trained subspecialty Obstetric and
Gynecologic care to all women in all segments of our region.
- Utilizing our abilities to conduct research and scholarly activity that enhances our evidence-based knowledge to bring superior primary care to all of our patients.
To advance the healthcare of the community and the region, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology relies upon:
- Active clinical services across the width and depth of the discipline of Obstetrics
and Gynecology located in superb clinical sites in the region.
- State-of-the-art simulation facilities utilized by all faculty, residents and medical
- Clinical research opportunities with an emphasis on quality improvement projects as
well as publishable articles.
- Protected time for didactics for our faculty, residents, and medical students.