The Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program at East Tennessee State University participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We will only accept applications through ERAS.
The deadline to apply is November 30th of each year.
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Clinical Skills (CS) or NBOME COMLEX
Levels 1 & 2 Cognitive Evaluation (CE) and Performance Evaluation (PE) scores are
required by February 1st.
- Preference will be given to applicants who passed the USMLE or COMLEX exams on first
- Step 3 is not required, but if you have taken it, you must have passed on your first
Must be ECFMG certified. We require that you submit your ECFMG certificate through ERAS before February 1st.
- Only J-1 Visas are sponsored at this training institution.
- Previous Graduate Medical Education is not required.
- We prefer graduation from medical school be within the last one (1) year. If it has
been longer than one year, include in writing, what you have been doing in the field
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters should be given by someone who has worked
with you enough to make an accurate assessment of your abilities. We recommend letters
written from the following:
- Orthopaedic Surgery Department Chair or Program Director
- Orthopaedic Surgery Faculty Member
- Non-Orthopaedic Surgery Faculty Member (only 1 of 3)
Other important information:
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check once you match with our program
- Two (2) positions available for the 2020-2021 academic year
- We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Preference will be given to applicants with US clinical experience
Applicants chosen to interview with our program will be notified via ERAS. Interviews will be held in January.