- Contact Us
Johnson City, Tennessee
Johnson City is in east Tennessee. It's known for outdoor activities at Winged Deer Park, which offers boating and disc golf, and Buffalo Mountain Park, with trails and sweeping views. Northwest of the city, Gray Fossil Site and Museum is an active Miocene-era excavation site with mastodon fossils. To the east, Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park is a former Cherokee site with a replica of 18th-century Fort Watauga.
- 66,677 Johnson City based on the census data
- 125,546 Washington County
- 309,793 Metropolitan Statistical Area
Climate: Johnson City's elevation is 1525 feet above sea level, which provides a moderate temperature range.
- Summer average temperature: 76 F (average high in July is 86)
- Winter average temperature: 41 F (average low in January is 26)
- Average annual precipitation: 41 inches
- Average annual snowfall: 9 inches
Surrounded by beautiful mountains and rivers, Johnson City offers the perfect balance of nature and city. Whether you look to the outdoors for recreation, or you prefer cultural experiences, dining, or shopping, Johnson City and the region have something to offer.