Johnson City, Tennessee
The Tri-Cities area, comprised of Bristol, Johnson City and Kingsport, is located in the upper Northeast corner of Tennessee. The area is characterized by small towns, rural cultures and lots of outdoor experiences. Each of the tri-cities can be accessed via Interstate 81 and several other major highways. The Tri-Cities Regional Airport is 30 minutes away from each city and is served by several airlines.
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is two hours away to the west, with the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail 30 minutes to an hour away. Additionally, the area is blessed with several TVA lakes which provide a myriad of water recreation opportunities.
Come take a tour- It's beautiful here!
- 66,677 Johnson City based on the census data
- 125,546 Washington County
- 309,793 Metropolitan Statistical Area
Johnson City's elevation is 1525 feet above sea level, which provides a moderate temperature range.
- Summer average temperature: 76 F (average high in July is 86)
- Winter average temperature: 41 F (average low in January is 26)
- Average annual precipitation: 41 inches
- Average annual snowfall: 9 inches
Surrounded by beautiful mountains and rivers, Johnson City offers the perfect balance of nature and city. Whether you look to the outdoors for recreation, or you prefer cultural experiences, dining, or shopping, Johnson City and the region have something to offer.
- Johnson City in Forbes Magazine List of Best Small Places
- 2018 Top Adventure Town
- 48 Hours in Johnson City, TN
- Johnson City Chamber of Commerce
- ETSU Campus Life
- ETSU Campus Recreation/Center for Physical Activity
- Downtown Johnson City
- Johnson City Parks and Recreation
- Johnson City Schools