Medical Student Wellness
Northwestern University defines Intellectual wellness as recognizing one's creative abilities and finding ways to consistently expand knowledge and skills.
Recommended goals for intellectual health
- Strive to be open to new experiences and ideas in all areas of your life
- Expand your ability to create, develop, analyze, critique, concentrate, understand, evaluate, problem solve, predict, comprehend, etc.
- Feel competent in intellectual and academic activities by improving your skills in academics, studying, time management, stress management, note taking, listening, and public speaking.
- Develop a love for learning and philosophy for “life-long learning”
- Know when to ask for help!
ETSU Medical Library - Medical Library (etsu.edu)
- Academic Support Counseling- Dr. Jean Daniels
- Academic Honesty Pledge / Honor Code - Policies and Procedures - East Tennessee State University - Acalog ACMS™ (etsu.edu)
- Learning Styles Quiz - https://www.engr.ncsu.edu/learningstyles/ilsweb.html
- Test Anxiety Resources - http://counselling.athabascau.ca/exam_anxiety.php
- Study Skills - Study Skills: Taking Advantage of Learning Opportunities - YouTube
- Learning Techniques and Methods - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WYfhOv3V-Y
Study Rooms are available in the Student Study Center and Medical Library on a first come, first served basis.
Group study room reservation - Contact Student Affairs 423-439-2019