- Message from the Chair
- Meet Our Staff
- Visiting Students
- Medical Horizons
- Area Information
- Contact us
All applications must be submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline to apply is November 1 of each year.
Basic requirements are:
- International Medical Graduates (IMG) are welcome to apply and should have 1 year of United States Clinical Residency experience.
- All applicants should have graduated Medical School within the past 5 years.
- We only sponsor J-1 Visas.
- All applicants are subject to a Criminal Background Check.
- All applicants need three letters of recommendation in addition to a Dean's letter. At least one of these letters should be completed by a member of the surgical faculty and one from the Surgery Chair or Program Director.
- Part 1 and Part 2 CK USMLE score must be available before review of the application.
The Department of Surgery has adopted the following characteristics, which we feel are desirable in surgery applicants:
- interpersonal skills
- scholarship and psychomotor skills
When making application, please provide evidence of your potential in any or all of the above areas.
For further information, please contact our residency office at 423-439-6266.
Surgery Resident and Faculty - 2017