View the ETSU campus map for emergency phone and fire lane locations
In Case of Emergency
Emergencies of any kind can strike at any time. You've got to think quickly when you're faced with an emergency. Quick thinking is easier in these situations when you're familiar with what to do. Students and employees are encouraged to browse through these pages periodically to refresh their memories on procedures to follow if emergencies occur.
Reporting a Crime, Fire, Accident or Other Emergency
To contact Public Safety for emergencies:
- Dial 911 or 423-439-4480
- Use the direct emergency telephones placed across campus
- Stop by the Public Safety Office located in the parking garage at the main entrance of the ETSU campus off W. State of Franklin Rd.
- Report police nonemergencies at 423-439-4480
A 24-hour dispatch service is maintained by the ETSU Department of Public Safety to coordinate response to campus calls pertaining to criminal actions and other police emergencies, fire emergencies, and requests for ambulance services.
Locations of Campus Emergency Phones
Emergency phones are located at various points across campus, including in outlying parking lots and near academic buildings. These phones ring directly to the Public Safety dispatcher, who knows the caller location at the time of the call.
In addition, telephones are available for not only convenience but also for emergency use at the brick message boards located at four major campus entrances.
The campus entrances with these phones are:
- The board at the corner of Tennessee and Walnut streets across from McDonald's
- The board at the student parking lot off Jack Vest Drive in the western section of the campus
- The board near the old Sherrod Library
- The board on the west side of Ballad Health Athletic Center (Mini Dome) near the ticket booths
Local and 1-800 calling are available at these phones