- About the College
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Appalachian Studies
- Art & Design
- Biological Sciences
- Communication & Performance
- Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Literature & Languages
- Media & Communication
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Philosophy & Humanities
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science, International Affairs, & Public Administration
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Theatre & Dance
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
The College of Arts and Sciences provides support to both faculty and staff.
The Office of the Dean conducts workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics. Workshops include:
New Faculty Workshop
- For all new Tenure-track Faculty, Lecturers, Full-Time Temporary Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and Graduate Teaching Assistants (Instructors of Record).
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- New Instructor Workshop PowerPoint
Tenure and Promotion
- For faculty members who plan to apply for tenure and/or promotion. This workshop is conducted periodically by the Dean.
- Announcements regarding upcoming workshops are sent to faculty via e-mail.
Information for Support Staff
- This workshop is provided periodically, and it provides information to support staff regarding changes in policies, proper routing of information, and other information needed to effectively accomplish tasks.
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. in Nicks Hall 225
In addition, the Dean and his staff regularly meet with faculty members new to the College during the academic year. Topics of the meetings include concerns such as Tenure and Promotion, funding potential (with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs), issues relating to students, and other issues. The meetings allow new faculty to gain community with one another as well as with the staff from the College office.