- About the College
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Appalachian Studies
- Art & Design
- Biological Sciences
- Communication & Performance
- Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Literature & Languages
- Media & Communication
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Philosophy & Humanities
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science, International Affairs, & Public Administration
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Theatre & Dance
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
The Dean's Office conducts workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics.
New Faculty Workshop
- For all new Tenure-track Faculty, Lecturers, Full-Time Temporary Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and Graduate Teaching Assistants (Instructors of Record).
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- New Instructor Workshop PowerPoint
Support Staff Workshop
- This workshop is provided periodically, and it provides information to support staff regarding changes in policies, proper routing of information, and other information needed to effectively accomplish tasks.
- Budget Presentation by Donna Miller - updated 1/31/2019
- Travel Guidelines - Authorization Request & Claim Paperwork Order
- eBucs - Notes, PO Quick Steps, Commodity Codes, and Account Codes
- Executive Aide New Hire Checklists
Tenure and Promotion
In addition, the Dean and his staff regularly meet with faculty members new to the College during the academic year. Topics of the meetings include concerns such as Tenure and Promotion, funding potential (with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs), issues relating to students, and other issues. The meetings allow new faculty to gain community with one another as well as with the staff from the College office.