skip to main content columnskip to left navigationskip to horizontal navigation

Department of Literature and Language

College of Arts & Sciences

The Department of Literature and Language offers a major in Foreign Language with a concentration in Spanish as well as a minor in Spanish; we also offer a minor in Spanish for the Professions.

The Foreign Language major with Spanish concentration offers a comprehensive study of Spanish language, literature, and culture. The minor offers students opportunities to pursue these areas of Spanish studies as well. For more information about these programs, please check the hyperlinks in the right column of this page.  *Checklists should only be used with the assistance of an academic advisor in the planning and coordination of your degree. Please refer to the undergraduate catalog for specific degree requirements and your degree progress in DegreeWorks.

You may also contact Assistant Chair for Foreign Languages

Matthew Fehskens picture

The Spanish Language and Cultures Living-Learning Community is a partnership of the Department of Literature and Language within the College of Arts and Sciences and the Department of Housing and Residence Life. The community provides a language-immersion environment to foster language proficiency, increase cultural awareness, and to make a community around the exciting cultural and artistic contributions of Spanish-speaking people and history. This is a unique housing opportunity that will immerse you in the closest thing to a Study Abroad experience right here on campus, giving a tangible boost to your language proficiency, and creating cross-cultural friendships outside the classroom. You can access a brochure about the Spanish Language and Cultures Living-Learning Community here; you can reach its Community Coordinator, Dr. Isabel Gomez Sobrino

To learn more about Sigma Delta Pi, the Spanish honor society, please visit the Department of Literature and Language Student Organization page.

To learn more about opportunities to study abroad, please visit The International Office Website, visit the ISEP page for US students, or contact the Study Abroad Advisor, .

icon for left menu icon for right menu