- Academic Programs
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
English and Foreign Languages Scholarships
English and Foreign Language majors are invited to apply for the following scholarships. Please read the criteria for each scholarship and complete the application form below. Awards vary, depending on the scholarship and the status of the fund. Deadline for all scholarships is the first Monday in March, except for the Beasley Scholarship, which is March 1.
- Mary B. Herrin Scholarship: For graduate and undergraduate majors. Recognizes superior scholarship. Local residents in need of financial aid are especially considered.
- Harry G. Merrill, II Memorial Scholarship: For senior English major who plans to pursue the Master's degree in English at ETSU. Minimum GPA of 3.20 in English, 3.00 overall, and demonstrated financial need. The award recognizes promise of success in the profession.
- Jill MacLean Memorial Scholarship: For undergraduate English major in junior or senior year. The award recognizes superior scholarship and potential.
- Golda M. Merrill Memorial Scholarship: For junior English major who declares intent to complete B.A. in English. Minimum GPA of 3.20 in English, 3.00 overall, and demonstrated financial need. The award recognizes promise of success in the profession.
- Mary and Ambrose Manning Scholarship: For preparatory secondary English teachers. Completion of 60 hours with minimum 3.00 GPA and officially entered in curriculum for secondary education licensure in English. The award recognizes superior scholarship.
- Dugger Award: For undergraduate English majors. The award recognizes superior scholarship and leadership.
- McClellan Award: For undergraduate English majors. The award recognizes superior writing ability. Applicants must submit two samples of their best writing with application.
- Karen Cajka Memorial Scholarship: For meritorious juniors or seniors enrolled in Literature and Language and/or Women's Studies courses. Assists students of merit in furthering their educational journeys.
- Christa Thyson Hungate Endowment: Provides scholarship assistance to superior undergraduate majors in German or French. May also be applied to ETSU study abroad. Students in graduate-level courses may also apply.
- Dr. Eduardo Zayas Bazán Scholarship: For students majoring or minoring in Spanish with a desire to participate in the Spanish summer abroad program. Evaluated based on GPA/Need/Written Response. To apply for this scholarship go to www.etsu.edu/scholarships and click on the red “Get Started” button.
College of Arts & Sciences:
- William M. Beasley Scholarship: Provides financial assistance to superior undergraduate students majoring in French, English or Mathematics. Deadline March 1. For this award, apply through the College of Arts & Sciences at: https://www.etsu.edu/cas/math/support.php.
- Translation, Interpreting, & Immigration Impact Scholarship: Applicants should have a 3.0 GPA and be bilingual or studying translation and interpretation with a declared career interest in this field, OR be bilingual and working on a research project that will benefit immigrants in the USA. Apply at http://www.etsu.edu/cas/lcrc/scholarships.php.