Research Award Criteria
- The award will be given for research accomplishments during the five years previous to the award.
- The research for which the award is given must result in publication or in comparable accomplishments in the arts.
- The winner of the award must be a full-time faculty member at ETSU.
- Only research and subsequent publication accomplished while serving as a faculty member at ETSU will be considered in making the award.
- Research of either basic or applied nature will be considered in making the award.
- If a multiple-authored publication is submitted for consideration, the contribution of the nominee or applicant must be clearly identified.
- The research for which the award is given may be sponsored or unsponsored.
- Applications or nominations may be strengthened by the inclusion of communications from experts in the field who have reviewed the work. Published reviews should be submitted for books or for comparable accomplishments in one of the arts.
- The application of nomination should include a brief (one or two paragraph) description of the significance of the research in nontechnical language, full bibliographic information for publications resulting from the research (or comparable information for creative activity), and copies of all publications.