Teaching Award Criteria
- The award will be given for consistently superior teaching accomplishments.
- The nominee must be a full-time tenured faculty member at ETSU, and only the teaching at ETSU will be considered in making this award.
- The teaching considered may be either undergraduate or graduate or both.
- Documentation should focus on the effectiveness of instruction and multiple sources of evidence.
- Areas of documentation may include such things as: quality of presentation in classroom or field; command of subject matter; development and use of innovative methods; students achievement; ability to motivate students; peer evaluation; student evaluation; current and professional development; advising, tutoring, direction of theses and dissertations, and other forms of assisting students; textbooks or other published instructional materials indicative of teaching effectiveness; design or revision of courses, curricula, and materials; management of instructional programs or components.