College of Public Health
2. Review admission requirements.
Applications are accepted once a year only, for entry into the fall semester and must be received by March 1 for consideration. Applicants to this program are required to use the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) which can be accessed at www.SOPHAS.org.
Admission to the Doctor of Public Health program is competitive and based on scholarship, letters of recommendation, and evidence of potential success, including:
- Evidence of successful completion of an Master in Public Health or equivalent degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning in the United States.
- Application form and accompanying fee.
- One official transcript of all previous undergraduate and graduate work (except previous coursework completed at ETSU).
- A personal essay that includes a written statement of career and educational goals, professional experience, and prospective area of interest for the dissertation.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past 5 years (except for those with a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution within the United States). If ETSU has GRE scores taken within the last 5 years already on file, the applicant does not need to resubmit these scores.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s academic, professional, or personal achievement, competence, ethics, and potential.
4. Submit Graduate Record Examination results.
Submit official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past 5 years (except for those with a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution within the United States). If ETSU has GRE scores taken within the last 5 years already on file, the applicant does not need to resubmit these scores.
5. Submit required transcripts.
One official transcript of all previous undergraduate and graduate work (except previous coursework completed at ETSU).
6. Complete the FAFSA.
The first step to get financial aid is to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA). You can fill out the FAFSA starting on October 1st of each year. The school code for ETSU is 003487.
7. Check your SOPHAS application status.
As you progress through the application process, you'll receive important notifications and critical alerts from SOPHAS. Applicants are responsible for monitoring these notifications and following up on any required actions. To view your notifications, click View My Notifications on the left side of the application dashboard.
8. Reply to your acceptance letter.
Please let us know if you plan to attend.
9. Begin your application to ETSU Graduate Studies.
Applicants must submit two applications: one through SOPHAS and one through the ETSU School of Graduate Studies. There are separate deadlines for each application. Both must be completed, including all supporting documents, by the published deadline.
10. Check your student email for your advisor assignment.
When you receive your advisor assignment, discuss and sign up for your first semester of classes.
Login to Office 365 Web Access (OWA). Please remember to use your @etsu.edu email address when logging into Office 365.
Activate your account or change your password. Use this link to activate or reset your email password. Please note: this will update your ETSU Domain Password as well.
11. Check your student email for your orientation date.
The College of Public Health holds its own orientation for graduate students.