- Transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended. (Bachelor’s degrees must be awarded from a regional accredited institution.)
- You will need a copy of your transcripts on hand and an additional official copy sent to SOPHAS. Directions on how to send transcripts to SOPHAS can be found here.
- International applicants will need to have their transcripts verified by the World Education Service (WES). (more information from SOPHAS)
- Official transcripts from all Colleges and Schools attended will be accepted from SOPHAS. Transcripts must include proof of bachelor’s degree. All in-progress courses and final transcripts must be sent directly to ETSU School of Graduate Studies when complete.
Grade Point Average
A minimum undergraduate GPA of:
- 2.75 for domestic applicants;
- 3.0 for international applicants.
- A satisfactory score on the General Records Examination (GRE) from the last five (5) years. We encourage you to contact the department representative if you have questions concerning your score.
- When applying to SOPHAS, please use the ETSU College of Public Health GRE code: 7333.
- Official GRE scores and official transcripts from all Colleges and Schools attended will be accepted from SOPHAS. However, if these do not include a transcript with proof of bachelor’s degree, that transcript needs to be sent directly to ETSU School of Graduate Studies.
- The following exemptions may be made for the GRE for domestic applicants:
- Applicants who have earned a master's degree, medical degree or doctoral degree in the health sciences, or other applicable field from a regionally accredited U.S. institution are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Official scores from the GMAT taken within the last 5 years may be submitted in lieu of the GRE.
- The exemption does not apply to graduates of foreign institutions. All applicants who are graduates of foreign institutions are required to submit GRE scores.
- International applicants must provide evidence of English proficiency by scoring at
least a 79 on the TOEFL exam or 6.5 on the IELTS exam.
- TOEFL scores may be sent directly to SOPHAS.
- IELTS scores must be sent to:
ETSU College of Public Health
ATTN: Data Services Manager
100 CR Drive
Johnson City, TN 37614
Evaluations/Letters of Recommendation
The Personal Statement, or Statement of Purpose, is typically a 150-300 word essay indicating the origin of your interest in public health, your professional goals, and/or why ETSU and you would be a good fit. It is designed to give the reviewers insight into who you are beyond the GPA and GRE scores.
ETSU GRE Code: