- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended. Transcripts must
include proof of degree and/ or in-progress courses. (Final transcripts for in-progress
courses must be provided prior to admission.)
- You will need a copy of your transcripts on hand and an additional official copy sent
to SOPHAS. Directions on how to send transcripts to SOPHAS can be found here.
- International applicants will need to have their transcripts verified with a course-by-course evaluation by the World Education Service (WES.) (more information from SOPHAS)
Grade Point Average
A minimum undergraduate GPA of:
- 2.75 for domestic applicants;
- 3.0 for international applicants.
- A satisfactory score on the General Records Examination (GRE) from the last five (5)
years. We encourage you to contact the department representative if you have questions
concerning your score.
- When applying to SOPHAS, please use the ETSU College of Public Health GRE code: 7333.
- International applicants must provide a GRE score. The following exemptions for the GRE apply to domestic applicants only:
- Applicants who have earned a master's degree, medical degree, or doctoral degree in the health sciences, or other applicable field from a regionally accredited U.S. institution are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Official scores from the GMAT taken within the last five years may be submitted in lieu of the GRE.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency by scoring at least a 79 (iBT) on the TOEFL exam or 6.5 Overall Band on the IELTS exam.
- TOEFL scores may be sent directly to SOPHAS.
- IELTS scores must be sent by the testing center to:
ETSU College of Public Health
ATTN: Data Services Manager
100 CR Drive
Johnson City, TN 37614
Evaluations/Letters of Recommendation
The Personal Statement, or Statement of Purpose, is a short essay indicating the origin of your interest in public health, your professional goals, and/or why ETSU and you would be a good fit. It is designed to give the reviewers insight into who you are beyond the academic information in your application.
ETSU GRE Code: