Bucky's FAFSA Challenge
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships invites current ETSU students, as well as anyone considering college next year, to take part in Bucky’s FAFSA Challenge. To participate, students must:
Complete the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as the FAFSA, by Oct. 31 using ETSU school code 003487. Students who participate in the challenge will be eligible for giveaways.
Why do this?
The FAFSA is your gateway to all federal financial aid, as well as many state and school funding opportunities. Put simply, there are many programs – such as the Tennessee HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship and Pell Grant – that you will not qualify for without a completed FAFSA. Also, some funding opportunities operate on a first-come, first-serve basis. In other words, delaying filing your FAFSA could jeopardize funding opportunities. Those who complete Bucky’s FAFSA Challenge are also eligible for giveaway items.
What are the prizes?
Participants, including area high school seniors, will be entered to win a gift basket that includes a tumbler, t-shirt, cell phone wallet, and pens.
What if I need help?
The university provides you with a range of assistance:
- For free assistance submitting the FAFSA, reach out to the ETSU Educational Opportunity Center.
- ETSU provides students with a personal Financial Aid Counselor who is able to answer questions.
- Bucky the chatbot answers general Financial Aid questions.
- Financial Aid TV is home to dozens of short, easy-to-understand videos.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships regularly post important content on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Bucky’s Treasure Map is an in-depth look at the financial aid process.
- The Financial Aid Jargon Handbook offers definitions to help you better understand financial aid.