Transfer Student Financial Aid & Scholarships
Did you know ETSU offers scholarships just for transfer students?
- Transfer Academic Performance Scholarship is ETSU’s largest merit-based scholarship program for new transfer students from Tennessee and border counties eligible for in-state tuition.
- Endowed Scholarships are established by donations from individuals or organizations. Criteria vary.
- College & Departmental Scholarships
- Scholarships for Out-of-State Students
- Visual Performing Arts Scholarships are available to artistically talented students.
You can apply for scholarships beginning October 1st through March 1st every year. Transfer students can apply beginning October 1st through May 15th every year.
Apply for Scholarships!
Special Information for Transfer Students
Getting Started with Your Financial Aid as a Transfer Student
Filling out the FAFSA is always the first step to qualifing for financial aid.
- If you have received, or you expect to receive, the HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship or the TSAA Grant, please make sure you have listed ETSU (School Code 003487) as your first school of choice.
- If you have received the TSAA Grant or HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship at a previous institution, notify the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation of your intent to transfer.
- Cancel in writing any aid that a previous institution has offered you for the coming semester – ETSU Financial Aid will likely need written verification from your previous college that aid has been cancelled for you.
- How to apply money from an outside source to your ETSU account.
- Important deadlines for scholarship application.
Complete the FAFSA
All students must apply for Financial Aid each year.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is your gateway to all federal financial aid, as well as many state and school aid programs. Many funding opportunities – including the Pell Grant and HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship – are not available without a completed FAFSA.
Complete the FAFSA using ETSU School Code 003487
Change your school code (TSAC)
For quick tips on successfully filing the FAFSA, watch this short Financial Aid video:
The staff in the TRIO office is able to assist you in completing the FAFSA.