Welcome to the Recruitment and Hiring Training page. Here you will find essential training information and videos to assist you in the recruitment and hiring process.
Additional eJobs information can be found on the eJobs Information and Training webpage.
- eJobs User Guide
- eJobs - Applicant Reviewer: Reviewing and Processing Applicants
- eJobs - Creating a Job Posting
- eJobs - Move Single Applicant in Workflow
- Move Applicants in Workflow in Bulk
- eJobs - Search Committee Member Review
- eJobs - Starting a Hiring Proposal
Recruitment and Hiring
The below videos are broken into segments that are less than 5 minutes each. The purpose of these videos is to provide information to assist supervisors and search committees during the recruitment and hiring process.
Additional Recruitment and Hiring information can be found in the Recruitment and Hiring Toolkit.
- Creating Compelling Job Descriptions
- Writing an Effective Job Advertisement
- I Have Applicants...Now What?
- Inappropriate Elimination Reasons
- Certifying Your Applicant Pool (Coming Soon!)
- The Interview - (Coming Soon!)
- Extending an Offer - (Coming Soon!)
Other Training and Learning Opportunity Links
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion Learning Opportunities
- University Compliance - Focus Area Training
- Employee Learning and Development
- LinkedIn Learning - Recruiting and Hiring
- ETSU Percipio - Recruiting and Hiring
- Harvard Implicit Bias Assessments
- ProHabits - A Platform allows participants to select a habit track and engage in daily microactivities to help build habits in a specific area.
- Gender Decoder - This site is a quick way to check whether a job advert has the kind of subtle linguistic gender-coding that has this discouraging effect.