Engaging Our Campus Community Through Friendly Competition
2022 Buccaneer Room Design Challenge
ETSU Housing and Residence Life is challenging all ETSU Buccaneers living on campus to show us your creativity and ETSU Pride by entering the 2022 Buccaneer Room Design Challenge! There are four categories in which rooms may win:
- ETSU Spirit
- This room demonstrates how much you love being a Buccaneer! The room is full of ETSU Buccaneer spirit merchandise, which can include flags, posters, décor, etc. The most dominant colors are ETSU Blue and Gold.
- Home Sweet Home
- This room demonstrates how you have made a home on campus. A room that shows how you have considered making your space functional, inviting, and celebrates your individuality and personality.
- Home Sweet Home, Roommate Edition
(Open to All Residents with a Roommate)
- This room demonstrates how you and your roommate have made a home on campus. A room that shows that roommates worked together to consider how to make the space functional, inviting, and celebrates each person’s individuality.
- Buccaneer’s Choice Winner
- This room is a fan favorite – as voted on by your fellow campus residents!
How to Enter
Students should upload a short (not more than 2 minute) video to the platform of their choice: YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook. Be sure that you use the hashtag #ETSURoomDesign, tag @ETSUHousing, and make your post public so that we can find your entry!
Once your video is posted, complete the quick entry and release form at https://tinyurl.com/etsuroomdesign.
Entries are able to be submitted by February 4, 2022. Winners will be announced via email and social media after February 4, 2022.
- Entries must not be inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, and must adhere to all ETSU Policies and Procedures, as well as the Standards of Conduct.
- Rooms cannot be decorated with prohibited items and cannot be decorated in a way that tampers with the health and safety of resident spaces, including hanging items from fire safety equipment.
- All entries must be the original work of the student/roommate(s) and must adhere to all copyright laws.
- The decision of ETSU Housing and Residence Life is final and there shall be no appeal. The winning videos, as well as strong non-winners, may be featured on ETSU websites, in publications, and for other university uses.
All videos submitted, whether as a winning entry or not, will become the property of ETSU Housing and Residence Life and may be used, published or republished, in whole or in part, royalty free, in any printed or electronic media and in promotional material, including recruitment and online publications. By sending in your videos for consideration, you provide ETSU Housing and Residence Life with exclusive ownership of the video and allow ETSU to use your likeness, and the likeness of any persons appearing in the video, in ETSU related publications both electronic and in print.
All entrants must, at the time of submission, be the sole authors and owners of the copyright of all videos entered into the contest. Upon entry, all rights in and to the videos become the exclusive property of ETSU Housing and Residence Life, including all intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyright. ETSU has the right to use the video as it chooses, including the right to use the video, or any portion of that video, in ETSU printed or online publications. ETSU reserves the right to alter the video in any manner deemed necessary for use in any promotional pieces.
All entries must be original, unpublished, and created solely by the submitting entrant(s) and not violate the intellectual property rights, copyright, or right of property of any third party. Copyrighted materials will not be accepted unless specific permission for the use of such material can be shown. Videos that have been entered into other contests, or have been published elsewhere (newspapers, magazines, online, etc.) are not eligible.
- ETSU Office of Admissions
- ETSU Campus Recreation
- ETSU National Alumni Association
- ETSU New Student & Family Programs
- ETSU Mary V. Jordan Multicultural Center
- ETSU Student Activites and Organizations
- ETSU Buctainment
- ETSU University Marketing and Communications
- ETSU University Advisement