Thank you for choosing to Live the Buccaneer Experience in on campus housing with us!
In recent years, the number of students requesting to arrive early in the fall has reached to 800-900. While we understand some students need to move in early, due to the large number of requests and all that is needed to prepare for all fall arrivals, it has become necessary to clarify the guidelines regarding early arrival. Only students who have a fall assignment/agreement and are prior approved for early arrival by Housing & Residence Life will be allowed to move in early, regardless if you are affiliated with a campus group or not. All early arrivals are subject to extra charges, since the academic agreement and semester rent does not begin until August 25th, 2023. Please see the details below to match your specific circumstance.
Be advised the below move-in details do not apply to hotel assignments. Students assigned to hotels should refer to their assignment email for specific move-in dates, times, and instructions.
New Incoming Students
All new incoming students (Freshmen & Transfers) will check in on Wednesday, August 23, 2023. Traditional Preview will begin on that Wednesday evening and run through Sunday, August 27. Click here for more information on Preview.
We ask that students and families make the necessary arrangements to check-in following the below paced arrival schedule.
- Wednesday, August 23rd from 7:30am-9:00am – Last Name L-R
- Wednesday, August 23rd from 9:00-10:30am – Last Name F-K
- Wednesday, August 23rd from 10:30am-12:00pm – Last Name S-Z
- Wednesday, August 23rd from 12:00-1:30pm – Last Name A-E
The official housing move-in dates for returning students are any time between 9:00am and 5:00pm on Thursday, August 24th; Friday, August 25th; Saturday, August 26th; or Sunday, August 27th, 2023.
Current Summer residents will transition from their Summer assignment to their Fall assignment in mid-August, depending on availability of the Fall assignment. If the Summer assignment is the same as the Fall assignment, obviously this will not be necessary. Further instruction will be sent to all Summer residents with Fall assignments by late July.
Students Participating in University Programs, Requiring Early Arrival
Students participating in certain University groups (i.e., QUEST for Success, Marching Band, Athletics) will be able to move-in early based on dates and times agreed upon by the group and ETSU Housing. If you are a member of a group that has coordinated an early arrival for a University program, your group advisor has provided your name to us. They will communicate with you regarding the agreed upon date/time for your check-in.
Emergency Requests for Early Arrival
ETSU Housing and Residence Life must prepare spaces for occupancy after summer school departures, conferences, and other university summer programs. As such, requests for early arrival outside of students participating in University programs as noted above, is limited to emergency situations only. If an emergency arises that requires you to adjust your move-in date/time, you will need to contact Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com as soon as possible prior to your arrival. The request must come from the student and is only a request.
- Emergencies include family distress, such as severe sickness or a family death, or travel emergencies (change of flight/weather delays).
- Requests that are not emergencies include unloading the car before move-in day, family or student work schedules, convenience, or a suitemate/roommate who has already arrived.
Please note that if you are approved for early arrival due to an emergency, you may be required to move into a temporary space until your assigned housing is ready, and will be billed at a nightly rate ($20/night for Residence Halls, $30/night for Buccaneer Ridge) until the start date of your fall housing agreement. Approval is contingent upon room availability/readiness. Requests to accommodate students living off-campus or transitioning from summer on-campus housing to off-campus housing will not be approved.
- What to Bring: Toiletries, linens, room décor, technology, clothing/accessories, essentials (dolly/moving cart)
- What Not to Bring: LED rope/strip lights, TV mount, candles/any open heat source, extension cords, pets, personal router, excess
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for a more detailed list.
Arriving to Campus
Your move-in process will take place at your assigned hall.
Please be sure to bring your ETSU student ID. Your ETSU ID is required to check you in.
- In the event that you have lost/misplaced your ETSU ID, you will need to get another ID made and pay for it. Contact ETSU ID Services for more information.
- Your ETSU student ID will be encoded, and you will be provided further instructions for moving in at your residence hall/apartment.
Move-In Maps & Parking Information
East Campus Move-In Map (Centennial, Governors & Davis)
Central Campus Move-In Map (Carter, Stone & Powell)
West Campus Move-In Map (Clement, Luntsford, Dossett & West)
Items to Complete Prior to Arrival
In an effort to make your check-in process as smooth and quick as possible, we ask that you be registered for Fall 2023 classes, have submitted all required forms in your Residence Portal, and have turned in your meningitis vaccination to the University Health Center.
- To check your forms in your Residence Portal, log in using your ETSU username (your email address minus “@etsu.edu” and password
(same as what you use for your email).
- In the lower left-hand corner, you will see an area marked “Applications”
- If a document is noted as “Get Started,” this is a document to be completed. These
are the documents that need to be completed:
- Housing/Dining or Buc Ridge Agreement
- Any Special Agreements for Your Assigned Room
- Emergency and Medical Contact Information Form
- Missing Student Contact Information Form
- For instructions for submitting your immunization records to the University Health Center, click here.
Please be advised that the dining meal plan does not begin until Wednesday, August 23rd, 2023 at 11am for lunch. The Dining Hall would be open for limited hours prior for cash, credit or debit.
Please contact us directly with any questions or concerns regarding your move-in process. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
ETSU Housing and Residence Life’s Move-In Team