- News & Events
- About the School
- Academic Departments
- Clubs, Activities, Community Service
- Intersession, Summer, After-School
- Contact Us
A message from UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
Printable YMCA Afterschool Student Application
The licensing for YMCA afterschool care at University School has been approved and they are starting today! They will be in the two learning cottages behind the main school building and their phone number is (423) 341-6925.
Children must be registered and the payments information must be completed before they can attend afterschool with the YMCA. We have registrations and payment information available in the office and they are also available to print above.
- Turn in the completed registrations and payment agreement form to the office before your child attends afterschool. (If you want to pay through your checking account, please attach a voided check. If you are paying by credit or debit card, someone from the YMCA will contact you to get your payment information.) The YMCA requires you to commit on the days that you want your child to attend. This is important for them for staffing reasons. For example, if you sign up for Mondays and Wednesdays, you will be charged for those days whether your child attends or not.
- Continue to notify your child's teacher on the days they are attending afterschool.
- The YMCA offers childcare to children from Kindergarten to 8th grade. Any students in those grades who do not get picked up at dismissal need to attend afterschool childcare with the YMCA where they will be supervised until they are picked up (unless they are staying for a school sponsored afterschool activity with a teacher or coach).
Please contact Mrs. Day or Dr. Penley if you have any questions.
Summer / Intersession / After-school Opportunities
Listed below are links for a wide variety of courses, camps, places to visit and etc. that some of our students enjoy participating in during breaks .....
Summer Discovery - Summer Discovery is a pre-college enrichment program for high school and middle school students that combines academics with fun, activities, and sports. Students experience college life while gaining independence, self-confidence, and social skills. Courses are taught by university faculty and students live on campus, exploring university towns for a robust, complete pre-college summer experience.
The Tickle College of Engineering (TCE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, will host summer engineering programs for high school students during the summer of 2019. See Program Website for more information.
Tomorrow's Engineers Today - March 3, 2018
University of Dayton - ENTREPRENEURSHIP 101 – June 17-29
University of Dayton - LEADERSHIP 101 – June 17-29
Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park
Roan Mountain State Park
Volunteer at a non-profit organization!
Have an idea for us to add to the above list? Email USchool Webmaster.
Please note that none of the above are recommended or endorsed by University School. These are simply places where some of our students have had fun on their own during breaks....