- News & Events
- About the School
- Academic Departments
- Clubs, Activities, Community Service
- Intersession, Summer, After-School
- Contact Us
Welcome to the University School Cafeteria!
University School Cafeteria Menus
Washington County Menu Cycles
- For current information from Washington County Schools Nutrition, please follow Washington County Schools Nutrition on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Please note that our University School menu is dependent on the Washington County
Schools Menus. When they miss a scheduled school day, the menu rolls forward. Be
aware that the menu posted on our school website is only tentative, based on our anticipation
of what their schedule will be, and what our scheduled days off are, and therefore
may not be accurate.
- On half days the cafeteria will be open at 7:30 a.m., for breakfast, and will stay
open until 8:15 a.m..
- Money for student meal accounts may be turned in Monday-Friday, 7 AM - 1 PM.
- We accept cash and checks only.
- Checks should be made payable to University School Cafeteria. When writing a check,
please use black or blue ink. Regions Bank has asked us not to accept any checks
written with other colors of ink.
- Please put the money in an envelope with child's full name on the outside.
- Students can purchase extra items, but they will need to have money with them or in
- If there is a balance due on a student's school meal account, they will not be allowed to purchase extra items (baked chips, granola bars, cookies, etc.) until the balance is paid in full.
- Limits on purchasing extra items can be placed on a student's meal account. If you
would like to limit the amount of extra items that the student can purchase, please
send a note with the student or email us at email@example.com.
- Students are issued a PIN. The five digit number needs to be memorized. Students
may pay by the day or you may put money on their account. Cafeteria accounts can be accessed online; sign up for on-line lunch account payments @ www.mypaymentsplus.com.
Fill out your lunch application online @ www.wcde.org.
All families are eligible to apply for free and reduced lunch at any time throughout the year. The applications may be picked up in the school office and returned to the cafeteria manager at University School or brought to Central Office to be processed.
- If your student is going to purchase a lunch this is what they must have on their
tray. At least three of these items and one must be a fruit or vegetable. This counts
as their meal for the price of their grade level, (example: 1.95- k-4, 2.05- 5-8 and
2.15 for 9-12). An entre (meat), a vegetable and fruit, or two vegetables or two fruits,
milk, and roll if the roll comes with the entre item, otherwise your student will
be charged A la Carte prices for what they have on their tray.
- In addition to the breakfast menu for each day, we will offer a Grab & Go breakfast. It is a bag with ready to eat items. Get the bag, come to the computer checkout, & Go!
Please note that the following pricing is current as of the 2018-2019 school year:
Breakfast - $1.60
Breakfast entree 1.25
High School 2.80
Lunches will be provided at the following times:
- 10:30-11:00: K-2nd grade
- 11:00-11:30: 3rd – 5th grade
- 11:30-12:00: 6th -8th grade
- 12:00-12:30: 10th and 11th grade
- 12:30-1:00: 9th and 12th grade
Students in grades 7th through 12th may eat outside depending on the weather. 7th and 8th grade students are expected to stay in the back of the building. 9th and 10th grade students may eat in the back or front of the building. 11th and 12th grade students may go to the Culp Center to eat.
Students may not go eat at or get food from Pal’s, Cook Out, McDonald’s, the BP gas station or any other location that would require them to leave the main campus of ETSU. Students who drive and park on campus may not go to their cars during lunch. Lunch and driving privileges might be revoked and/or other disciplinary measures might be appropriate if students chose to not respect these expectations.
Drinks and Snacks / A la Carte items are available for purchase during cafeteria hours, 7:25 - 12:45 which includes before school, during breakfast and during designated breaks/lunch times. These items cannot be charged, the student must have cash or money on their account before they can purchase these items.
- Our school cafeteria now has a Share Table. The share table is meant to help eliminate food waste and student hunger by encouraging
students to drop off the prepackaged food they don't want and picking up extra food
if they are hungry.
The new initiative backed by the United States Department of Agriculture strives to feed kids (and adults!) in need all while saving nutritious, usable food from landfills. All students need to do is leave unwanted food or drinks at a designated station where others can help themselves. Any food left at the end of the day can go towards afterschool programs, or a nearby shelter or nonprofit.