Fellowship | Gastroenterology
The Gastroenterology Fellowship Program at ETSU is a three-year clinical/research fellowship. Two first-year Fellows are accepted to the program each year. Each Fellow will have a basic core curriculum involving rotations at each of the affiliated facilities. In preparing the gastroenterologist for the next millennium, the training must move beyond that of simply providing a general Gastroenterology experience.
Fellows are expected to participate in clinical research, basic research, or other
scholarly activities which include publication(s) in peer reviewed journals. At the
conclusion of the three-year fellowship training, the fellow will be a fully trained
gastroenterologist who will be able to diagnose, treat, and manage all forms of gastrointestinal
and liver disease.
Interested in learning more? Come take a visit with us...virtually.
Click Each Area Below to Discover Who We Are:
Meet the Program Director
Dr. Young provides an introduction to the Gastroenterology Fellowship Program.
- Hospital environments at the Johnson City Medical Center and Mountain Home VA Medical Center
- Basic endoscopy procedures including EGD and Colonoscopy
- Therapeutic procedures like dilatation, variceal band ligation, hemoclip placement, etc.
- Emergent cases such as food impaction, hematemesis, etc.
- Gastroenterology and liver cases - consultation cases
- On call five days each month.
- Pathology Conference: Review of GI and liver pathology by members of the Department of Pathology at the Mountain Home VA Medical Center. The conference is conducted on a monthly basis.
- Radiology Conference: Interesting cases will be reviewed with members of the Department of Radiology at the Mountain Home VA Medical Center. The conference is conducted on a monthly basis.
- Journal Club: is conducted monthly. Current literature is reviewed and discussed.
- Case Conference: GI fellow present interesting GI cases that they are challenged with during their clinical rotation. This conference is conducted biweekly.
Applications for fellows accepted through ERAS.
Contact Carla at (423) 439-8048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org