- COM Home
- COM Multimedia Classrooms
- Center for Experiential Learning (CEL)
- Evaluation, Technology and Testing Services
- Facility Scheduling
- Faculty Affairs
- Institutional Educational Objectives
- Medical Student Education Committee
- Other Links and Archives
- Rural Programs
- Student Information
- Visiting Students
- Report a Concern/Complaint
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
Academic and Faculty Affairs Quillen College of Medicine
Kenneth E. Olive, MD, MACP
Explore the Quillen Curriculum
Click the video below, which describes the educational program and sequence.
(YouTube: "Explore the Quillen Curriculum")
Click the video below, which provides student descriptions about our curriculum program.
(YouTube: "Student Perspective on the Quillen Educational Program")
Details about the Curriculum Schedule & Schematics are available.
The Office of Academic Affairs, including its division, Section of Medical Education, is responsible for both faculty and curricular issues. Academic Affairs develops, manages, and coordinates the curriculum; sets yearly academic and course schedules; and sets student schedules for third- and fourth-year clinical rotations and electives. Curricular administrative support is provided through this office, including for the Medical Student Education Committee, its four subcommittees and ongoing compliance with LCME accreditation and curriculum standards. Additional support includes faculty recruitment and development, staff support for electives and interdisciplinary courses such as the Doctoring Course series, and assessment of the curriculum through analysis of student evaluation and feedback of courses and faculty. This office administers all National Board of Medical Examiners subject exams delivered at the College of Medicine; provides support for career selection guidance, the residency application process, and preparation of the Medical School Performance Evaluation.
Our mission is to provide leadership in fostering a vital, active learning community that enables students and faculty to achieve excellence and develop a commitment to lifelong learning.
Quillen Calendar 2018 (Quick reference)
- Match Day - March 16, 2018
- Graduation - May 4, 2018 (2:30; Culp Center auditorium)
- White Coat Ceremony and Reception - July 20, 2018
Academic Health Sciences
- Academic Health Sciences Center
- Academic Health Sciences Center Facebook
- ETSU Academic Health Sciences Center (YouTube video)
- Why an Academic Health Sciences Center? (Article)
Events throughout the current year
News and Information