skip to main content columnskip to left navigationskip to horizontal navigation

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

Division of Student Life and Enrollment

When the student completes the award letter and all other required documents, the Office of the Bursar is notified by the Office of Financial Aid of the available funds to be credited to the student’s account. 

The following exceptions should be noted.

  1. FWSP, RWSP, and the stipends (work earnings) of graduate assistantships are never credited to the student’s account, but are issued via direct deposit to the student.
  2. External scholarship programs and private loan programs may disburse funds directly to the student or parent. These awards must be reported to the Office of Financial Aid. The check goes to the Bursar/Financial Services.
  3. Master Promissory Notes (MPN) for the Federal Direct Loan and for the PLUS loan are completed online through the Direct Loan Program action prior to the University receiving funds through electronic fund transfer (EFT) from the Direct Loan Program.
  4. Graduate assistantships and tuition scholarships require the student to return a completed contract with all necessary signatures to the School of Graduate Studies Office no later than one month prior to enrollment.
  5. Athletic Scholarships require the student to return a signed contract to the Athletic Department.
  6. State Employee Fee Waivers, Employee Audit Forms, and PC 191 Forms should be taken to the Bursar Financial Services fee payment windows for credit to the student account. Clerical or Support Staff Reimbursement Scholarship Forms are to be submitted to the Human Resources Office. The TBR Faculty/Administrative professional Staff Tuition or Maintenance Fee Reimbursement Program Forms are to be submitted to the Human Resources Office.
  7. Other tuition discount programs and external programs may have other requirements.
icon for left menu icon for right menu