Hope (Lottery) Appeals
The Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) is awarded based on policies set forth by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC Chapter 1640-1-19) in accordance with Tennessee State Law (T.C.A. §§ 49-4-901 through 49-4-928) governing the administration of this scholarship program.
In accordance with these regulations, ETSU has established an Institution Review Panel (IRP) to hear appeals for students who are denied or who lose their TELS award. If you receive notice that you have lost your eligibility for a TELS award, you will need to submit an appeal to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships as soon as possible. Appeals are reviewed by the IRP according to the TELS IRP Committee Schedule, which can be found below. Once a decision has been reached on your appeal, you will be sent written notice of the decision to your ETSU email.
APPEAL FORM INSTRUCTIONS:
- Supply ALL information requested on the form
- Attach ALL appropriate documentation
- Submit the form to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Keep a copy of the form and all documentation for your records
- Incomplete appeals will not be reviewed by the committee
To submit an appeal to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at ETSU: APPEAL FORM.
Spring 2023/Summer 2023 TELS IRP Schedule
|TELS Appeal Submission Deadline
||IRP Review Committee Meeting||Students will be notified of the decision no later than:|
|March 13, 2023||March 17, 2023||March 20, 2023|
|April 17, 2023||April 21, 2023||April 24, 2023|
|May 8, 2023||May 12, 2023
||May 15, 2023|
|June 12, 2023||June 16, 2023||June 19, 2023|
|July 10, 2023||July 14, 2023||July 17, 2023|
|July 31, 2023||August 4, 2023||August 7, 2023|
If you have lost your TELS award for any of the following reasons, you must appeal directly to the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC):
- changed enrollment status (dropped from full-time to below full-time or half-time
to below half-time) at another school
--- or ---
- failed to enroll in a post-secondary institution within 16 months of high school graduation
--- or ---
- did not maintain continuous enrollment at another institution
Qualifying students may also submit:
- Lottery Scholarship Regain Option Form
- Lottery Scholarship Repeat Option Form
- Students may contact their personal Financial Aid counselor with any questions.
- For information on maintaining eligibility for the Hope (Lottery Scholarship) click here.
- NOTE: For students submitting the Lottery Scholarship Repeat Option Form, you are required to meet with a counselor.