The Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) is awarded based on policies set forth by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC Chapter 1640-1-19) in accordance with Tennessee State Law (T.C.A. §§ 49-4-901 through 49-4-928) governing the administration of this scholarship program.
In accordance with these regulations, ETSU has established an Institution Review Panel (IRP) to hear appeals for students who are denied or who lose their TELS award. If you receive notice that you have lost your eligibility for a TELS award, you have 30 days to file an appeal with the Financial Aid Office (Additional times, up to a maximum of 45 days, will be granted in the event of verifiable, documented extenuating circumstances).
APPEAL FORM INSTRUCTIONS:
- Supply ALL information requested on the form
- Attach ALL appropriate documentation
- Submit the form to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Keep a copy of the form and all documentation for your records
If you have lost your TELS award because you
- changed enrollment status (dropped from full-time to below full-time or half-time
to below half-time) at another school
--- or ---
- failed to enroll in a post-secondary institution within 16 months of high school graduation
--- or ---
- did not maintain continuous enrollment at another institution,
Qualifying students may also submit a Lottery Scholarship Regain Option Form or a Lottery Scholarship Repeat Option Form. Students may contact their personal Financial Aid counselor with any questions. For students submitting the Lottery Scholarship Repeat Option Form, you are required to meet with a counselor.