Fall 2020 Course Schedules and Formats
Locations & Formats
There will be changes to course locations and the formatting of classes to encourage social distancing.
ETSU's academic departments are working to finalize changes to the course schedule.
- The purpose of the changes is to encourage social distancing which is a crucial strategy for a safe on-campus experience this fall.
- Room changes are being made to maximize use of the larger classrooms for on-ground courses.
There are several different formats available for courses:
- On-ground required - At least some of the course competencies cannot be taught without some on-ground experience. The student must attend on campus, or at another designated location, for at least part of the semester.
- On-ground with remote options - At least some of the course competencies are offered in an on-ground format. While the student is encouraged to take advantage of the on-ground learning opportunities, they are not essential to completing the course competencies.
- Traditional Online - The course was developed specifically for online delivery. All course competencies are offered in an on-line format. The student does not need to come to campus for any of the course.
- Remote Delivery Online Synchronous - Students meet online as a class at the specific day and time noted on the class schedule.
- Remote Delivery Online Asynchronous - Students complete the course online, working on their own schedule within course deadlines. The day and time will NOT appear on the schedule for asynchronous online courses.
Review Your Schedule
Log into your Goldlink account to review your Fall 2020 Schedule click on "Registration Tools" and then click on "Concise Student Schedule" in the middle box.
Sample of a Concise Student Schedule:
Click on the Course Title or the CRN link to see additional information regarding your course.
Please Note: Look at both the instructional method and the delivery type to determine how your course will meet. See examples of each below...
(Traditional) Online Course - with WEB Fee
(Remote Delivery) Online Courses - no WEB Fee
Courses moved to a remote delivery format due to the coronavirus will list the original instructional method, for example "Conventional Methodology Instructional Method" but will list
- "Course Taught Online"
- Have a meeting type of Online Asynchronous or Online Synchronous
- will NOT have an online fee.
Students complete the course online, working on their own schedule within course deadlines.
NOTE: The day and time will NOT appear on the schedule for asynchronous online courses.
Students meet online as a class at the specific day and time noted on the class schedule.
Many courses will be taught on campus. These courses will be designated as On-Ground Required and On-Ground with Remote Options.
On-Ground Required Courses:
On-Ground with Remote Options:
For additional information please visit the Bucs are Back webpage!