- Degree Works
- Who We Are
- Banner Tutorials
- Contact Us
Registration for Summer and Fall 2019 Continues!
The order of registration is based on earned credit hours (excludes Developmental Studies hours). This does not include the hours in which you are currently enrolled. ***In progress hours on Degree Works do not count towards earned hours for registration.
Registration for all currently enrolled students is now open online through GoldLink.
The following steps will help you prepare for registration and prevent registration delays.
Currently enrolled students
- View the directions below for tips using GoldLink, determining your first available registration time, and to determine if you have any registration holds.
- Beginning summer or fall 2019 will need to attend New Student Orientation where you will be advised and register for classes.
- Watch the How to Register for Classes Video Tutorial
- Login to GoldLink
- Enter your ETSU Username
- Enter your ETSU Password
Resolve registration holds immediately to prevent registration delays!
NOTE: Bursar holds (for past due balances) were posted on Monday, March 18, 2019.
- Please contact the appropriate office to resolve any holds you have. Visit the Student Hold Resolution Information page. NOTE: Not all holds prevent registration.
Make sure to review and accept the Financial Responsibility Statement prior to registering for classes.
- Most undergraduates are required to see their major advisor before they can register
each semester. Please contact your advisor prior to your registration date for assistance
in class selection and to verify your Program of study. Check your registration status
to determine if you have an advisement requirement.
Need help locating your advisor? Use the Advisor Contact List
Undeclared students, academic focus areas and students with Learning Support requirements in Reading or Composition must contact the University Advisement Center in the ARC for advisement: 423-439-5244
NOTE: Advisement holds were posted on Monday, March 18, 2019.
Register for Classes
Check your Degree Works in GoldLink prior to registering to verify you are registering for classes that satisfy your degree requirements. NOTE: The Degree Works Tab in Schedule Builder can only be used with an Active Degree Works Plan. Not sure if you have an “Active Degree Works Plan” or how to use Degree Works? Visit the Degree Works Tutorial page.
Register for your classes using Schedule Builder, a simple interface that provides you with the ability to generate schedules for your classes in mere seconds! “Lock in” your schedule by adding courses with the By Subject Tab or Degree Works Plan Tab. How to make your class schedule work for you? Visit the Schedule Builder reference page. Send the schedule back to your Registration Shopping Cart until your registration time.
Summer is Coming! Don’t forget to check out ETSU Summer Session! This is a wonderful opportunity for catching up, getting ahead, or repeating a course. For additional questions or information? Visit the ETSU Summer Session page.
Need more help?
Call the Registration Helpline 8:00am-4:30pm (EST) Monday-Friday: 423-439-5584
Spring 2019 Resources
- Spring 2019 Schedule of Classes (PDF)*updated March 6, 2019
- Spring 2019 Registration Guide (PDF)*updated December 3, 2018
- Spring 2019 First Available Registration Times (PDF)
Summer and Fall 2019 Resources
- Summer 2019 Schedule of Classes (PDF)*updated April 30, 2019
- Summer 2019 Registration Guide (PDF)*updated March 13, 2019
- Summer 2019 First Available Registration Times (PDF)
- Fall 2019 Schedule of Classes (PDF)*updated April 30, 2019
- Fall 2019 Registration Guide (PDF)*updated April 2, 2019
- Fall 2019 First Available Registration Times (PDF)
Course Building Resources
- Active Off Campus Site Codes Sorted by Code (PDF)*updated March 14, 2019
- Approved Instruction Method Codes and Descriptions (PDF)
- Building Codes (PDF) *updated December 2018
- How to Build a Course in Banner (PDF)*updated July 2018
- Section Number Rubric (PDF)*updated November 2018
- Spring Course Building Timeline (PDF)*updated September 4, 2018
- Summer & Fall Course Building Timeline (PDF)*updated January 17, 2019
- Summer 2019 Section Number/Session Code Rubric (PDF)*updated January 2019
- Registrar Scheduled Rooms-Complete List (PDF)*updated December 3, 2018
- Part of Term Rubric (PDF)* March 2016
- Policies Related to Scheduling Graduate Courses (4956/5956/4xx7/5xx7)
- Credit Hours-How to set section credit (PDF)*updated July 25, 2018
- Administrative Memo Workflow Chart (PDF)*updated May 23, 2016
Schedule Builder Resources
- How to Use Schedule Builder (PDF) *updated September 14, 2018
- Schedule Builder Quick Steps (PDF) *updated September 28, 2016
Other Registration Resources
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Map
- Permit Types and Override Definitions
- Student Hold Resolution Reference
- Special Authorization Drop Guidelines
- Register for Classes using GoldLink Video Tutorial
- Registration Worksheet (PDF)
- Schedule Planner
- University Health Center
Interactive Course Search is available on Goldlink.
Have Questions? Call the Registration Helpline 8:00am-4:30pm (EST) Monday-Friday: 423-439-5584
Dropping, Late Dropping or Withdrawing
Students often confuse these terms. Dropping a Course (or courses) may occur during the first eight weeks of the semester. This means, however, that the student is still enrolled in other course work. (Learning Support courses cannot be dropped.) Late Dropping of a course may occur after the eighth week, but only when verifiable extenuating circumstances can be demonstrated. Verifiable extenuating circumstances must be reasons beyond the control of the student, such as illness or accidental injury. Poor performance in class is not an extenuating circumstance. Withdrawing from the university means that you are discontinuing all your course work, and are no longer enrolled. This may occur until two days before the last day of classes.
Dropping from full-time to part-time status after census date could result in the loss of your Tennessee Educational Lottery Scholarship. Dropping classes or withdrawing from the University may impact the student's future financial aid eligibility. Students should be familiar with the ETSU Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards.
Check the Academic Calendar for the "Drop" and "Withdrawal" deadlines for this semester.