Spring 2021 Course Schedules
Locations & Formats
There will be changes to course locations and the formatting of classes to encourage social distancing.
ETSU's academic departments are working to finalize changes to the course schedule.
- The purpose of the changes is to encourage social distancing which is a crucial strategy for a safe on-campus experience this spring.
- Room changes are being made to maximize use of the larger classrooms for on-ground courses.
There are several different formats available for courses:
- On-ground required - The student must attend on campus, or at another designated location, for at least part of the semester. At least some course competencies cannot be taught without some on-ground experience.
- On-ground with remote options - Students will have the option to complete the course on-ground or remotely according to the schedule determined by the course faculty and communicated on the syllabus. This should only be used for courses that have some on-ground requirements.
- Remote Delivery Online Synchronous - Students meet online as a class at the specific day and time noted on the class schedule.
- Remote Delivery Online Asynchronous - Students complete the course online working within course deadlines. The day and time will NOT appear on the schedule for asynchronous online courses.
Note: This does not apply to courses organized by the professional schools.
Review Your Schedule
Log into your Goldlink account to review your Spring 2021 Schedule click on "Registration Tools" and then click on "Concise Student Schedule" in the middle box.
Sample of a Concise Student Schedule:
Click on the Course Title or the CRN link to see additional information regarding your course.
Online Course - with WEB Fee
Courses that were originally designed and scheduled as online courses will have an online fee. These courses will have a WEB Instructional Method.
(Remote Delivery) Online Courses - no WEB Fee
Courses moved to a remote delivery format due to the coronavirus will list the original instructional method, for example, "Conventional Methodology Instructional Method" but will list
- "Course Taught Online"
- Have a meeting type of Online Asynchronous or Online Synchronous
- Will NOT have an online fee.
Students complete the course online, working on their own schedule with course deadlines.
NOTE: The day and time will NOT appear on the schedule for asynchronous online courses.
Students meet online as a class at the specific day and time noted on the class schedule.
Many courses will be taught on campus. These courses will be designated as On-Ground Required and On-Ground with Remote Options.
On-Ground Required Courses:
The student must attend on campus, or at another designated location, for at least part of the semester.
On-Ground with Remote Options:
Students will have the option to complete the course on-ground or remotely according to the schedule determined by the course faculty and communicated on the syllabus.
You may use the Add or Drop Classes tool on your Goldlink account to make any changes. If you have questions about your changes please contact your academic advisor.
For additional information please visit the Bucs are Back webpage!