- All newly enrolled students including Kindergarten and out-of state transfer students must have an updated Tennessee Immunization Certificate with health exam completed and submitted prior to the first day of school each year.
- In-state transfer students have thirty days to comply with immunization requirements.
- All 7th Graders are required to have a Tdap and two doses of Varicella vaccine documented on the Tennessee Immunization Certificate prior to the first day of school.
All of the above listed students who are not in compliance with the State of Tennessee immunization requirements will be excluded from school until these requirements are satisfied. Those without up-to-date immunizations will be excluded from school until submission of:
- The official Tennessee Immunization Certificate with completed vaccinations, or
- A scheduled vaccination appointment document, or
- A valid temporary immunization certificate, or
- A valid exemption documented on the Tennessee Immunization Certificate.
A link to the Tennessee Immunization Certificate is attached below for your viewing. This document is provided by your pediatrician or PCP. Please see the document below for the complete list of Tennessee Immunization Requirements and on the "Childcare-12th Grade Immunization Requirements" link by the Tennessee Department of Health attached above. If you have further questions, please contact the University School Nurse at 423-439-8674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.