- PO Box Manager
- How-to Videos (QR)
- Mail Services
- Print Services
- Parcel Lockers
- Shipping Services
- Student Mailing
- Certified Mail
- Contact Us
|ETSU Post Office||U.S. Department of State||Contact Us|
Certain U.S. Passport applicants may be eligible to renew their U.S. Passport by mail using Form DS-82.
Applicants who do not meet Form DS-82 criteria are required to submit Form DS-11 in person.
All U.S. Passport forms are available at the ETSU Passport Acceptance Facility.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for fillable and printable application forms and additional information.
Should you renew your Passport by mail? Yes, if:
- You can submit the most recent full validity U.S. Passport book and/or U.S. Passport Card with the application and the passport is not damaged or mutilated.
- You were at least 16 years old when the most recent U.S. passport Book and/or U.S. Passport Card was issued.
- The most recent U.S. Passport Book and/or U.S. Passport Card was issued less than 15 years ago.
- You use the same name as on the most recent U.S. Passport Book and/or Passport Card OR you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper original documentation to reflect the name change.
- Applicants who will renew by mail will complete Form DS-82.
Should you renew your Passport in person using Form DS-11? Yes, if:
- You were under the age of 16 when your most recent U.S. Passport was issued
- The most recent U.S. Passport is lost, stolen, damaged, or mutilated
- The most recent U.S. Passport expired more than 5 years ago and/or was not a full validity passport.
- You are using a different name than is listed on the most recent U.S. Passport and do not have proper documentation to reflect the name change.
Children under the age of 16 must renew their passports in person at a passport acceptance
facility using a completed Form DS-11.
An original or certified copy of the child’s birth certificate is required as well.
Required documents for renewal of a Passport by mail
- Completed Form DS-82, signed and dated.
- Original undamaged U.S. Passport meeting the above requirements.
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed.
- Fees (check or money order only).
- A passport style photo taken within the last six months. ETSU Passport Services can assist with these for $10.00 (tax included).
Note: In order to protect your application during mailing and processing, DO NOT FOLD the application. Use a mailing method that can be tracked through the United States Postal Service. The ETSU Post Office can provide free Priority Mail and Priority Express Mail envelopes and postage can be purchased at the time of mailing.
ETSU Passport Services can assist you by reviewing your application and documents prior to mailing to make sure that your application process will go smoothly. Use our online appointment system to schedule an appointment at your convenience.