- Residency Program
- Resident / Fellowship Recruits
- Life After Residency
- Medical Student Education
- News and Events
- Scholarly Activities
- Faculty Listing
- Administrative Staff
- Secure Login
- Contact Us
Thank you for your interest in Quillen College of Medicine, Internal Medicine Residency program! Your training and educational goals are important to us. We provide meaningful research and continuity clinic opportunities as well as a variety of elective rotations which expose you to many different subspecialties.
QCOM IM Resident Program Philosophy
The Department of Internal Medicine is strongly committed to encouraging scholarly activity and research among its residents and fellows. These goals will be accomplished through a solid academic program and the importance of bedside teaching. The faculty in the department will serve as teachers and mentors as well as colleagues.
Our Goals For QCOM IM Residents
Our Internal Medicine residents will have a wealth of knowledge in the practice of internal medicine, areas of patient care through practice-based learning, interpersonal communication skills and professionalism. Each resident will demonstrate special achievement based on scholarly activity. This may include knowledge developed from a research project, case study or literature review. It may also include a special lecture or presentation. Since residents are in an advanced training program, academic conferences are very important. Therefore, the QCOM IM Residency Program requires 70% attendance of conferences sponsored by department.
Educational Programs and Conferences include:
- Morning Report
- Teaching and Patient Management Rounds
- Noon Conference for Core Curriculum Lecture Series
- Grand Rounds
- Chairmans Rounds
- Clinical Pathological Case Conferences
- Morbidity and Mortality Conferences
- Journal Club
- Harrisons Club
QCOM IM Continuity Clinic
- Patient care provided for a period of three years
- Opportunity to develop a meaningful relationship with a single population of patients in an environment which permits continuity of care
- Patient mix in the long-term general internal medicine clinics is excellent and provides experience in all aspects of ambulatory general internal medicine.
Our QCOM IM Residency Program offers a wide variety of subspecialty electives:
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Oncology
- Pulmonary/Critical Care