The Wayne G. Basler Center for Physical Activity (CPA) is a 120,000 square foot facility that was built by, and currently operates on, student activity fees and is staffed by ETSU student employees. The building, which originally opened in 2002 as the Center for Physical Activity, was renamed in 2006 in recognition of Mr. Basler. Mr. Basler has been a generous contributor to ETSU as well as the Campus Recreation program over the years. The Basler Challenge Course located adjacent to the CPA was made possible by a donation from Mr. Basler.
In 2011 plans were made for an expansion of the CPA to add additional diverse facilities and resources. The project was completed in August 2013. The CPA expansion includes a volleyball/indoor soccer/basketball court, a martial arts studio, a yoga studio, a change room, an extra 4,000 square foot area for the weight room, and a cycling studio.
CLICK HERE: For a video tour of the CPA.
Basler Center for Physical Activity Facilities (CPA):
- 19,000 square foot weight room & cardio room
- 1/8 mile indoor track
- Martial arts studio
- Group Fitness studio
- 4 Basketball/volleyball courts
- 2 Racquetball/squash courts
- Indoor climbing and bouldering wall
- 8 Lane indoor swimming pool
- Multipurpose Room for meetings, engaging events & table tennis
- Locker rooms
Outdoor Campus Recreation Facilities:
- Basler Team Challenge Course with Climbing, Rappelling & Bouldering Tower
- Intramural and Sport Club field at the CPA
- Field Complex with 1 turf field & 1 grass field
- University Woods Trail System
- 9 Hole Disc Golf Course
- 6 Tennis Courts
Locker Rental Information
Day Use Lockers: Full length lockers are available to all members for day use only. All items must be removed by closing each night. These lockers are free of charge and keys are available at the CPA Equipment Desk with ETSU ID.
Locker Rentals: ETSU Campus Recreation rent's out half length lockers in the Men's and Women's locker
room for $25/semester. Patrons are able to purchase these lockers at Member Services
within the CPA.
Cash, Check, or ID Bucs are the only forms of payment accepted.