Indoor Climbing Wall
Climbing Wall Spring 2023 Hours
Monday - Thursday
4:30pm - 9:30pm
4:30pm - 7:00pm
The Climbing Wall will be closed for the Winter Break beginning on 12/10/22 and re-open 1/17/23.
Outdoor Climbing Trips
YOU AND THE ROCK - A Climbing Valentines - Tuesday, February 14 - 5:00pm-8:00pm - Cost: FREESpend Valentine's Day in style with Outdoor Adventure at the Climbing Wall. Celebrate your true love by climbing as many routes as possible! Games, prizes, and snacks will be on-site for your on-site! Special reward for the individual with the most routes climbed at the end of the evening!
- The indoor wall includes seven lanes for top rope climbing, five lanes for lead sport climbing and bouldering up to 10 feet up the wall.
- Staff are available to belay or observe and check off participants with a belay test for both top rope and lead belaying, as well as lead climbing.
- To learn more about climbing, check the board at the OAC for top rope, lead sport climbing, and general climbing technique clinic times!
To Check In:
Those wanting to climb will swipe in to the CPA using their ETSU ID and Proceed to the Outdoor Adventure Center
OA Staff will check in each climber, verify a current waiver on file, and provide climbing equipment if needed. The OAC can provide a harness, helmet, and climbing shoes.
- Climbers must have their feet covered when on the climbing wall floor. This includes sitting or belaying. Climbers are not allowed to walk out of the climbing wall floor without shoes on. OA suggests slip-on shoes such as Crocs.
Climbing Wall Rental:
The Climbing Wall is avilable for rentals upon request. If you would like to rent the Climbing Wall for your group or orginization, please fill out the:
Climbing Wall Policies
- Minimum age requirement is 12 years. All climbers under the age of 16 must have a parent/guardian present at all times.
- All climbers must sign the Climbing Wall waiver. Under the age of 18 must have parent signature.
- All climbers must swipe in by using their ETSU I.D.
- Remove jewelry, empty pockets, and use safety straps for glasses. Climbers with long hair must tie back hair when on the wall.
- Authorized instructors must be present and attentive.
- Fully closed toed shoes are required. Climbing shoes, athletic shoes, tennis shoes and hiking boots are acceptable – no sandals!
- No horseplay or unsafe conduct will be tolerated!
- Climbers must take proper care of all equipment. No tossing carabiners/belay devices, etc.
- Proper climbing procedures and commands must be used.
- Problems such as accidents, loose holds, and equipment damage must be reported to staff immediately.
- For policies and procedures regarding personal harness use, bouldering, belay authorization, lead climbing, or helmet use please refer to staff members on duty.
- Use of the wall is subject to the discretion of the OA staff on duty.
Outdoor Adventure at ETSU recognizes 3 levels for skills associated with climbing wall activities:
- 1st time climbers and climb only participants
- Top rope belay for indoor climbing
- Lead sport climbing/belay for indoor climbing