- Membership Information
- Aquatics & Indoor Pool
- Fitness & Wellness
- Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sport Clubs
- Non-Credit Instruction
- Casual Care
- Student Employment
- Forms and Manuals
- Contact Us
Campus Recreation, the Basler Center for Physical Activity, and its programs are operated primarily with student activity fee funding.
Students who are currently enrolled in classes and have paid their fees are not required
to pay an additional fee to use the BCPA. Each student must present their valid ETSU
ID card to gain entry to the BCPA and any intramural sport. During the summer months
current ETSU students not enrolled in summer classes can purchase a summer membership
to the CPA (see below).
ETSU Student Summer Memberships
Students not enrolled in the summer but are enrolled for the fall semester can purchase a Summer Membership for $65. The membership is good from May - August. If you are a student that is only going to be here for half of the summer and would like to purchase a membership, we will offer the option of a May - June or July - August membership for $35. We will start selling Summer Memberships the first day of summer classes.
Full-time faculty and staff members may also use the BCPA at no charge. Adjunct, part-time faculty/staff and medical residents are able to purchase a membership for the BCPA at the faculty/staff spouse rate. Just like students, faculty and staff members are required to present their valid ETSU ID card to gain entry to the BCPA.
Retirees may use the facility at no cost. Retiree Association Members who are not retirees, but who qualify for membership in ETSURA, are subject to the same fee as spouses of active employees.
Non-ETSU Campus Staff
Non-ETSU Campus Staff are employees who work on ETSU’s campus, but are employed by a 3rd party. These employees are able to purchase a membership for the BCPA at the same rate as the ETSU Faculty/Staff spouse rate. Spouse/domestic partners and dependents of non-ETSU Campus Staff are not eligible for BCPA Membership.
Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Memberships -
Effective July 1, 2014
In an effort to promote wellness within the ETSU Community, the Department of Campus
Recreation has a Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Membership program. The program
is designed to encourage participation by students, faculty, staff, and ETSU retirees
in activities at the BCPA by allowing their spouse/domestic partner and dependents
(ages 21 and under) to utilize the facility and programs together. Adjunct and part-time
faculty/staff must have a current CPA membership in order to sponsor a CPA membership for their
spouse/domestic partner and/or dependent.
To apply for a membership:
Current students, faculty, staff and ETSU retirees who wish to purchase Spouse/Domestic Partner or Dependent(s) Memberships are required to come with the sponsored members to complete an application.
- Required documentation will be noted by Campus Recreation staff and returned to the provider. Issues concerning validity of documentation will be subject to review by the Department of Campus Recreation. Spouse/Domestic Partners will be required to sign a statement of understanding.
- Please copy any documentation including social security numbers and remove the numbers.
- Spouse/Domestic Partner - accepted documentation for spouse/domestic partner would
include one of the following:
- marriage certificate or documentation of residence at same address (driver's license, household bill, mortgage/rental agreement, credit card bill)
- Adjunct, part-time faculty/staff and medical residents will need to show their ETSU ID when signing up.
- Dependent - accepted documentation for dependents under the age of 21 would include
one of the following:
- birth certificate or tax/insurance documentation verifying dependency, documentation verifying age of dependent and residence at same address (driver's license, school record, etc.)
Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Members (ages 16-21) will be issued an ID card
for access. Dependent children under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised
by an adult at all times during the visit. Areas of the facility are restricted for
dependent children under the age of 16.**
* Memberships can be purchased by cash, check, and ID Bucs. Payroll deduction is also
offered for employees. Pricing listed above is based on a membership period from July
1st - June 30th
* Rates are prorated monthly and all memberships expire on June 30th each year.
* Memberships are non-refundable
** For safety reasons, children ages 15 and younger will not be permitted in the weight room and cardiovascular equipment area, indoor track/workout area or in fitness classes. Children ages 12-15 may participate on the climbing wall with a parent/guardian present (equipment permitting).
** Listed below are the areas children under the age of 15 years have access to, with the accompaniment of an Guardian:
*12 – 15 Yrs Old: Climbing Wall, Swimming Pool, and Basketball/Racquetball Courts.
*8 – 11 Yrs Old: Swimming Pool and Basketball/Racquetball Courts.
*8 Yrs Old and Younger: Swimming Pool (Guardian must be in the water) and Casual Care.
|** Children between the ages of 3 months to 8 years are eligible to use the Casual Care facility - if the child will utilize any of the unrestricted areas of the facility a dependent pass will be required.|
Campus Recreation rents half lockers in the men's and women's locker room and full
hallway lockers. The cost is $5 a month for locker room lockers and $10 a month for
hallway lockers. Lockers are renewed yearly and the rental runs from July 1st - June
30th, however you can rent a locker at any time during the year but must either renew
or return your locker key by the week of July 1st. For a locker rental form you can
either click here or stop by the Member Services desk at the CPA.
Guest Pass Policy
Any BCPA member that presents their valid ETSU ID card may purchase a Guest Pass at the Membership Desk. All guests in the BCPA are required to have a Guest Pass. The following rules apply to Guest Passes:
- The BCPA member must present their valid ETSU ID card and the "Guest" must provide other photo identification.
- The price of a Guest Pass is $8.00* and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Guest Passes are good from the time purchased until the BCPA closes that day.
- Guest Passes are only valid when the "Guest" is accompanied by the "Sponsor."
- Sponsors are limited to two (2) Guest Passes during the same day.
The BCPA and its staff reserve the right to deny access to any person at any time. Guest passes provide guests access to informal recreation throughout the CPA, including the pool, indoor climbing wall, and Group Fitness classes. The revenue from guest passes goes to purchase new equipment and help fund CPA maintenance projects.
There are hazards involved in any physical activities or sports. Abrasions, contusions, dislocations, sprains, strains, and more serious injuries are all possible when "playing the game". The Department of Campus Recreation makes every practical effort to insure safe recreational facilities, programs, and services. Facility inspections are held on a daily basis. Staff members attend in-service meetings on safety issues on a regular basis. Please be aware that ETSU maintains no blanket accident or health insurance coverage on persons participating in recreational activities on campus or sponsored off-campus. Anyone injured in such programs will be responsible for any and all medical expenses.
Fingerprint Access Enrollment Information & FAQ Sheet
Please click on the documents below to learn more about our fingerprint enrollment process and frequently asked questions.