- Financial Systems and Technology
- Financial Services/Comptroller
- Foundation Accounting
- Non-Employee Direct Deposit
- Tax & Revenue Services
- Contact Us
Information Research Tech 2
firstname.lastname@example.org & 423-439-4224
The Purchasing office supports departments in obtaining the goods and services needed to accomplish the University's mission and goals. The Purchasing office is part of the Procurement and Contract Services Department at ETSU. As a university of over 14,500 students and 2,200 employees, ETSU has need of many services and goods to carry out its educational mission. As a state institution, ETSU is required to take special care of the public funds that enable it to carry out its purpose. In order to remain accountable and effective in its acquisitions, ETSU must comply with various state regulations. The Purchasing office is charged with assisting each University department in complying with the requirements of the State of Tennessee. It is our hope that this site will assist University staff as well as vendors in complying with all applicable regulations and in making the acquisition process as efficient as possible.
Policy & Procedure
General Purchasing/Receipt of Materials/Payment of Invoices
- All bidders must review/comply with ETSU's Standard Bid Terms & Conditions.
- Bids for amounts between $10,000 but less than $50,000 may be submitted in person
or by mail, email or fax before the bid opening date and time designated on the Invitation
to Bid. Bids for $50,000 and up are sealed. For these bids, each vendor is required
to submit a sealed bid. Late bids will not be considered.
- Bids are opened on the date and time specified in the Invitation to Bid. At the opening date and time, bidders may be present for the public bid opening. Bid results may also be obtained by contacting Procurement Services after the designated bid opening date and time and the bid evaluation has been completed.
- Less than $10,000
- No bids are required
- $10,000 to less than $50,000
- 3 informal bids are required
(email, fax, phone, etc.)
- Bid Summary Sheet
- Departments may obtain their own bids
- 3 informal bids are required
- $50,000 or greater
- Sealed bids processed by Purchasing
ETSU RFI 2021.001 - Comprehensive Housing Managed Network Service
The state frequently enters into contracts for goods or services with vendors, and contracts for the right of state agencies and institutions to obtain the same goods or services on the same terms. Agencies and institutions are not typically obligated to participate in these contracts, but the terms are quite often more favorable than an agency or institution could obtain on their own, with no new bidding process required. Department personnel may want to check the state contracts log, first, before attempting to obtain goods or services through standard institutional procedures.
TBR Shared Contracts
Much like statewide contracts, shared contracts may provide a costs savings for departments and for the University. The Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and its institutions frequently enter into contracts that, by their terms, enable other TBR institutions to obtain the same goods or services at the previously negotiated terms. This may provide cost savings as well as more timely delivery of services, as no new bidding process is necessary. The list of TBR contracts can be found here.
Group Purchasing Organizations
Tennessee Higher EducationImpermissible Clauses - these clauses can not be included in contracts.