Counseling Center Groups
How To Connect
- Dates: Feb. 20, Feb. 27, March 5, March 12
- Time: Thursdays 5-6:30pm
- Location: ETSU Sherrod Library, Room 309
- Contact Eric Feltman for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register ahead of time online with the ETSU Calendar
Fem Sex Group
FemSex is a semester long, weekly, non-credit workshop. Though the workshop is designed around the experiences of people who identify as women or who have identified as women at some point, all are welcome.
FemSex creates a safe space that encourages students to learn about their bodies, explore sexuality & relationships, and expand their understanding of social and cultural influence and diversity. Topics will include: body image, gender identity, safe sex/reproductive choice, sex & sexuality, communication & consent, partnership & relationship.
- Day/Time: Tuesdays from 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Info Session: Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
- Location of Info Session: Nell Dossett Residence Hall Room 208
- Start date: Tuesday, Febuary 24th, 2020
- Location of group TBD
- Closed group – attendance to the info session and completion of application are required.
- Contact Kate Emmerich for more information: email@example.com
Understanding Self & Others for Helping Professionals
This group is designed for students in helping profession fields of study. This group will provide a safe space for personal growth opportunities for students to engage in giving and receiving support, empathy, and feedback to help make desired changes, gain insight, explore meaning in your life and gain a better sense of self. Concerns such as anxiety, stress, depression, self-esteem, body image, feeling distant from others, trauma history or grief will be explored in this process group. Discover you are not alone in the difficulties you experience.
- Day/Time: Thursdays 11:15am-12:45pm
- Info session: Thursday, Jan 30th, 2020
- Location: Nell Dossett Residence Hall, 3rd floor (Check in at front desk of Counseling Center)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more info
Other Recommended Groups for Spring 2020
A community of women who have overcome abusive situations.
Day/Time: Saturdays 9:00am
Location: 1425 East Center Street Kingsport, TN 37664
Contact for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
LGBTQ Stress & Coping Group
4-week support group addressing LGBTQ stress, coping, and community connectedness.
To sign up please contact the BHWC at 423-439-7777.
Outside the Box
A social group for neurodivergents, friends and allies. Bring your lunch.
Day/Time: Fridays 1:30-2:30pm
Location: Nell Dossett Residence Hall Room 103
Contact Mary Little for more information: email@example.com
Aligning, Support, Pride, Education, and Community for Trans Students. Open to all transgender or gender non-conforming ETSU students.
Day/Time: Wednesdays 2:00pm-3:30pm
Start date: Jan 29th, 2020
Contact Dr. Mickey White for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO meeting on Wednesday, Feb 12th or Wednesday, April 15th
A student support group for integrating and celebrating your identity as spiritual/religious & LGBTQ+. A safe and anonymous place to share your story and hear someone else's. *snacks provided*
Location: 1412 College Heights Rd