Counseling Center Groups for Fall 2019
This group will provide a blend of traditional group counseling and experiential relationship building. Some group time will be spent facilitating healthy communication, listening and support among group members based on current struggles of group members. Other group meetings will be devoted to utilizing on-campus resources for outdoor adventure and team building. Topics discussed will include: cultural messages of masculinity; emotional intelligence; relationship skills; guilt and shame; vulnerability; anger; self-esteem/self-worth.
- Day/Time: Thursdays from 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Start date: Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Location: Nell Dossett Residence Hall
- Open group, no interview required.
- Contact Eric Feltman for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
SMART Recovery Support Group
A science-based self-management and recovery support group for students that seek to develop and strengthen skills for use in recovery from addictive behaviors. SMART can help with misuse or oversuse of alcohol and other drugs, gaming/technology, porn, overeating, gaming and other issues. For more information about the SMART Recovery model visit smartrecovery.org
- Day/Time: Fridays from 11:00am-12:00pm
- Start date: Friday, September 6, 2019
- Location: Online
- Contact Loren Biggs for more information: email@example.com
Fem Sex Group
FemSex is a semester long, weekly, non-credit workshop. Though the workshop is designed around the experiences of people who identify as women or who have identified as women at some point, all are welcome.
FemSex creates a safe space that encourages students to learn about their bodies, explore sexuality & relationships, and expand their understanding of social and cultural influence and diversity. Topics will include: body image, gender identity, safe sex/reproductive choice, sex & sexuality, communication & consent, partnership & relationship.
- Day/Time: Tuesdays from 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Info Session: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Location of Info Session: Nell Dossett Residence Hall Room 206
- Start date: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Closed group – attendance to the info session and completion of application are required.
- Contact Kate Emmerich for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Recommended Campus Groups for Fall 2019
A community of women who have overcome abusive situations.
Day/Time: Saturdays 9:00am
Location: 1425 East Center Street Kingsport, TN 37664
Contact for more information: email@example.com
LGBTQ Stress & Coping Group
4-week support group addressing LGBTQ stress, coping, and community connectedness.
Day/Time: Thursdays 6:00pm-7:30pm
Cycle 1: September 12, 2019-October 3, 2019
Cycle 2: October 17, 2019-November 14, 2019
To sign up please contact the BHWC at 423-439-7777.
Outside the Box
A social group for neurodivergents, friends and allies. Bring your lunch.
Day/Time: Fridays 1:30pm-2:30pm
Location: Nell Dossett Residence Hall Room 103
Contact Mary Little for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aligning, Support, Pride, Education, and Community for Trans Students. Open to all transgender or gender non-conforming ETSU students.
Day/Time: Thursdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Start date: Thursday, September 5, 2019
Contact Bethany Novotny for more information: email@example.com
A student support group for integrating and celebrating your identity as spiritual/religious & LGBTQ+. A safe and anonymous place to share your story and hear someone else's. *snacks provided*
Day/Time: Fridays at 12:45pm
Location: 1412 College Heights Rd