- Services Provided
- Meet the Staff
- Make an Appointment
- FAQ and Myths
- Calendar of Events
- Self Help
- Helping Others
- Community Resources
- Alcohol & Drug
- THRIVE Suicide & Violence Prevention
- Student Affairs Home
- Contact Us
In group therapy students meet together as a group to describe, discuss and learn from their problems under the supervision of a therapist.
- Many students are surprised to learn they enjoy group work as much if not more than individual therapy.
- Research shows that for many issues group therapy is just as effective as individual therapy.
Some of our groups require an intake screening first, while others are open. To learn more click the group below or email us at: ccoutreach.etsu.edu
Counseling Center Groups for Fall 2018
Nell Dossett Hall,
Understanding Self & Others
Nell Dossett Hall,
Trans Support Group
Email for location:
Men's Group.This group will provide a blend of traditional group counseling and experiential relationship building. Some group time will be spent facilitating healthy communication, listening and support among group members based on current struggles of group members. Other group meetings will be devoted to utilizing on-campus resources for outdoor adventure and team building. Topics discussed will include: cultural messages of masculinity; emotional intelligence; relationship skills; guilt and shame; vulnerability; anger; self-esteem/self-worth.
- Starts Monday, October 8, 2018
- Meets in Nell Dossett Hall, Room 102
- Open group, no interview required.
- For more information contact Eric Feltman: email@example.com
Understanding Self & Others. A process therapy group for students wishing to gain insight into personal & interpersonal dynamics in their lives. Also well-suited for anixety, depression and self-esteem issues. Open group, but initial interview required.
- Starts Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
- Meets in Dell Dosset Hall, Room 102
- Contact Dan Jones to join: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trans Support Group. A support group for students who personally identify as transgender. Open group, but interview required.
- Wednesdays during the Fall 2018 semester. (Call or email for location, (423) 439-3333.)
- Contact BreAnda Conley: email@example.com
Other Recommended Campus Groups
Outside the Box. A social group for neurodivergents, friends and allies. Bring your lunch.
Fridays, 1-2 pm in Nell Dossett Hall, Room 103
Contact: Mary Little, firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Space. A support group for integrating and celebrating your identity as both LGBTQ and religious/spiritual. Snacks provided!
For Fall 2018, Fridays, 1-2P
(Except October 26.)
The Presbyterian Campus House, 1412 College Heights Rd.
Supported by PFLAG